Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports UFC (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=535)
-   -   Poll: Should You Be Able To Pre-Deny Both TDs And Clinch At Once? (/forums/showthread.php?t=927443)

Boiler569 02-19-2018 11:42 AM

Poll: Should You Be Able To Pre-Deny Both TDs And Clinch At Once?

(Almost) everyone can agree that engaging a competent opponent in the clinch/ground game is pretty darn difficult. There are a couple exceptions --- i.e. Ultimate Team mis-matches, or Khabib lol ---- but for relatively evenly matched opponents, there isn't much going on in the clinch/ground.

Stamina differentials seem to make little difference in the outcome of TDs, and clinch range is super short (and now sets you up for huge vulnerability shots)

I'm actually a BOXER and I believe all this! LOL :) (Although I do love wrestling/GnP)

As it stands today, you are able to pre-deny Takedowns, but switch to a clinch denial after your opponent has decided to go for the clinch

This would be like if you were able to spam pre-denials from the bottom against a transition from Half Guard to Top Mount ---- and when your opponent actually goes for Side Control, you're not locked-out ---- you're able to recover and block the transition.

That example is obviously false (since you DO get locked out for a period of time if you deny in the wrong direction on the ground).

But with TDs and Clinch --- you're able to pre deny up, pre-deny down, pre-deny everywhere! ---- with little to no repercussion.

I won't say this is an absolute gamebreaking issue. But I wanted to give the community an option to vote.

Do you believe you SHOULD be able to switch between TDD and Clinch Defense in the middle of an opponent's attempt, without being locked out?

Or should you be locked out, similar to how you are on the ground and in the clinch?

Note: There currently is a 'limit' to how many pre-denies you can spam. If you literally go UP DOWN UP DOWN UP DOWN ... you will be locked out ... so that level of spam is punished ... but 'talented spammers' only need to be able to go up/down one time to be effective, if u know what I mean. They can skirt the edge of the lockout. And it's not very balanced IMO.

What say YOU?

iceberg3445 02-19-2018 11:45 AM

Re: Poll: Should You Be Able To Pre-Deny Both TDs And Clinch At Once?

I say no. Should be able to pre deny one or the other, but not both. After all, you can’t defend against both irl.

Plus the clinch is neutered enough as is, allowing pre deny for that makes it unusable.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

cal7_11 02-19-2018 01:00 PM

Absolutley not. I’m much prefer the stand up but there’s no way you should be able to do this.

Nugget7211 02-19-2018 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceberg3445 (Post 2049237658)
After all, you can’t defend against both irl.

I agree with you about the game mechanics, you shouldn't be able to defend against both in game at the same time. But you absolutely can in real life, a collarbone/neck frame makes it really hard to shoot and would make it easy to sprawl even if they managed to shoot and it makes it basically impossible to clinch effectively.

Boiler569 02-19-2018 01:31 PM

Perhaps Three Options; you can only choose one (i.e. you get locked into the first selection --- length of lock period determined by your stats & stamina)

1) Defend TD Only --- Good chance to defend TD; no (or very minimal) chance to defend Clinch

2) Defend Clinch Only --- Good chance to defend Clinch; no (or very minimal) chance to defend TD

3) Defend All Grappling --- "Decent" chance of defending any sort of grapple attempt; but you do incur a penalty as compared to the inputs of "TDD or Clinch Only". If you are successful, you will end-up in Dominant Double Underhooks (or some other type of position/sprawl, up for debate haha)

Think of it as Grappling Weak Block.

Just a thought.

But back to the poll! --- so far 7 people are against being able to chance TDD vs. Clinch Defense mid-animation, 2 are for keeping it as-is.

Boiler569 02-20-2018 10:44 AM

15 vs 4 ..... GPD please consider this change :)

EarvGotti 02-20-2018 11:43 AM

Boiler we still need to get our fight in. LET ME BANG BRO

Boiler569 02-20-2018 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EarvGotti (Post 2049239054)
Boiler we still need to get our fight in. LET ME BANG BRO

lmao

I been duckin ya!!!!

Out of town for work this week and not home til Thursday night :/

But soon I'll man-up I swear lol --- I have Friday off and will be on from like 10 AM Eastern - 2 PM Eastern --- then out of town all weekend :/

Being an adult sucks sometimes!! But we will get it in i promise