Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports UFC (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=535)
-   -   Ducks are overpowered (/forums/showthread.php?t=927592)

UFCBlackbelt 02-21-2018 06:16 PM

Ducks are overpowered

Ducks should not be able to avoid hooks and straights, you are eliminating a majority of strikes that make up boxing , maybe some hooks. - the only exception to this should be for short fighters, to make up for their range. Furthermore, you can almost OKO someone if you duck when they throw a high kick, which is one of the only useful counters to constant head movement (and not a very good one)Although nowadays inside fighting is so easy it doesnt matter. How often do we really see people duck.

Duck, double uppercut.

Edit: id argue almost all head movement is broken, except lunge back which never works. But just to keep the topic focused im talking mostly about ducking.

Lets just list what defenses ducking provides

Immunity to straights
Immunity to hooks
Immunity to high kicks
No stun from body kicks (therefore easy counter)
Some immunity to overhands.
Increased ga for takedowns.

That is INSANE. If ducks were this useful we should see all the top 10 bobbing and weaving

R4Zk 02-21-2018 06:18 PM

Re: Ducks are overpowered

It should cost stamina to sway and Duck. If it did we could just let Them duck for two rounds and then ko Them with a slap

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Operation Sports mobile app

Find_the_Door 02-21-2018 06:26 PM

If ducks didn't avoid hooks there'd literally be no way to stop someone that throws the uppercut hook combo

UFCBlackbelt 02-21-2018 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Find_the_Door (Post 2049240744)
If ducks didn't avoid hooks there'd literally be no way to stop someone that throws the uppercut hook combo

In theory it should be easy to lunge back and pop
a cross before the hook. Or block the initial uppercut and strike. Uppercuts should be difficult to land, they are in real life. There are way too many uppercuts in this game, it looks silly. I dont mind ducks avoiding hooks, but on all other fronts it should be tweaked. And only well times ducks should do so. Id also eliminate the body stun reduction, its not realistic at all. You dont feel more grounded for a body shot because you are ducking, in fact you can often end ho getting kneed to the face with a roundhouse kick

Serengeti1 02-21-2018 06:36 PM

You can duck under all those things.

Also, have you seen Gaethje fight? He's a duck spammer lol.

I do think there are issues with head movement and vulnerability. But I feel like the frustration here isn't coming from ducking itself. It's more how mundane the whole head movement/vulnerability system can get.

I throw a lot of uppers against people that duck a lot and they'll stop real quick or get KO'd. I used to be on the receiving end. It's a learning curve. From my experience in ranked... I wouldn't say ducking is OP.

I would say that the evasion frames for head movement are far too long currently and timing doesn't matter that much. So when you couple that with the fact that ducking evades so much... It can seem OP.

ImAnOlogist 02-21-2018 07:02 PM

The way they have it now is supposed to be a rock papers scissors match

Ducking dodges hooks and are susceptible to Upper cuts

Leans Left and Right dodge straights and uppercuts but are susceptible to Hooks

Leaning back dodges everything and is susceptible to body shots.

The only thing that needs tweaking is bonus damage from strikes following head movement and damage to those moving.

And damage in general (outside of combos).

GameplayDevUFC 02-21-2018 07:02 PM

I can understand complaining about some of the ducking properties, but evading hooks would be the #1 thing I would expect ducks to do.

Dave_S 02-21-2018 07:10 PM

I think I've seen Holm duck under a hook maybe and run. I would think the a duck would normally have to be fast as hell to avoid a hook

I would think primary defense against hooks should be hopping backwards or leaning back. (Other than block)

Not sure how it would work in with current striking dynamics though.