Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   What have you guys done before the season starts for your Franchise? (/forums/showthread.php?t=92775)

Venom_2K 08-17-2004 08:47 PM

What have you guys done before the season starts for your Franchise?

Has anyone made any trades and/or re-signing soon to be free agents after the season ends?

For myself in my Colts Franchise I have re-signed BOTH Edge and Harrison. Edge is locked up for 6 and Harrison for 7.

The reason why Edge is only locked up for 6 is because if he's start slipping or is slacking off, I'm trading him in the 3rd or 4th year. :y1:

sublime96 08-17-2004 10:47 PM

Re: What have you guys done before the season starts for your Franchise?

i signed asante samuel eugine wilson and ben watson to 7 year deals they were all in low 80's watson a 79 in year 2 of my chise there all 92's my back field consist of samuel wilson harrison law all in the 90's and my 3rd string cb tyrome poole is a 87.

MoL2k 08-18-2004 09:13 AM

Welp,

I started with the Broncos in my Franchise....

I am currently 5-6.

In the beginning my Running game lacked.

In Week 2 I Traded M.Anderson (HB), G.Foster (RT), D.Kanell (QB) to the Ravens for O.Brown (RT), L.Brightful (CB), 6th rd. pick

I also picked up W.Blade (DT) as a FA.
I also picked up S.Mathews (QB) as a FA
and I released N.Eason (DT)

I did this because I had too many HB's....and Hearst was getting angry....so...

In week 5 my running game was really lacking. G.Hearst was sucking...so...

I traded G.Hearst (HB), S.Brandon (FS), 2nd Rd pick to the Panthers for D.Foster (HB), D.Richardson (FS) and a 5th pick...

Boom Running game is excellent...

Then, Plummer with all his INT's went out with a broken collar and played a couple of games with Mathews...But....Sucked...

I have since picked up Quincy Carter as my starting QB....

Now I am on a 4 game winning streak.

Plummer had INTitis and then he broke a collar Bone that put him out for the season.

Hawg 08-18-2004 12:26 PM

Playing as the 'Skins:

I resigned Fred Smoot to a five year deal I believe. In addition to that, I traded Patrick Ramsey to the Texans for Mark Bruener due to his high run blocking numbers. Also, I signed free agent Jamie Nails to a 3 year deal (97 run block I believe - wow!). To finish I traded Rock Cartwright to the Steelers for Dan Krieder to fill in my run blocking H-Back position.

RA3000 08-18-2004 03:38 PM

Traded 1st and 2nd round picks for Anthony McFarland(?) DT.
Needed a strong DT to anchor the D-line and so far, he's turning out fine.

Also traded for Steve Hutchinson G when he was put on the trading block.

CM1847 08-18-2004 03:52 PM

Cowboys:
*i did roster changes myself, couldn't download them

-Redid Eddie George's contract down to a one year(since his salary is insane compared to what they actually got him for)

-Redid a couple of guys contracts

-Richie Anderson got hurt for 9 weeks in the preseason so I signed Jamar Martin.

-Traded Terry Glenn, Willie Blade and 2nd round pick to Arizona for Bryant Johnson and their 1st round pick.

-I played a few games and then pulled another deal; Matt Lehr, Eddie George and something(a low pick I think) to Carolina for Deshaun Fosterm Nick Goings and a 4th round pick.

VanillaEps 08-18-2004 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CM1847
Cowboys:
*i did roster changes myself, couldn't download them

-Redid Eddie George's contract down to a one year(since his salary is insane compared to what they actually got him for)

-Redid a couple of guys contracts

-Richie Anderson got hurt for 9 weeks in the preseason so I signed Jamar Martin.

-Traded Terry Glenn, Willie Blade and 2nd round pick to Arizona for Bryant Johnson and their 1st round pick.

-I played a few games and then pulled another deal; Matt Lehr, Eddie George and something(a low pick I think) to Carolina for Deshaun Fosterm Nick Goings and a 4th round pick.

How did you re-do George's contract?

CM1847 08-18-2004 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanillaEps
How did you re-do George's contract?

Just went into his Player Management screen(goto View Rosters and hit A on the player) and went to Re-sign. I couldn't get him for less money, but I shortened it down to 1 year so I wouldn't have to pay him millions for 3 or 4 years.