Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   How do Madden's throwing mechanics work? (/forums/showthread.php?t=928695)

triplechin 03-13-2018 05:30 PM

How do Madden's throwing mechanics work?

I was thinking about design for the throwing system but realized I don't know how it works. Does anyone know how throwing works? What exactly the mechanics are and what do the accuracy ratings do exactly?

tommycoa 03-14-2018 07:39 AM

Re: How do Madden's throwing mechanics work?

Hidden type ratings that have been around since NCAA 13. Me and Playmakers found them when we were doing classic rosters. I also used real comp percentages. It lowers overall. But makes gameplay better.

Hidden ratings:

High elusive+agility= great footwork.

Strength(not throwing, generic strength)+Ball Carrier Vision=Pocket awareness/mixed with overall awareness.

Those completion numbers, they are supposed to be based on completion percentage. Yes. Crazy. The game went caca when they added these for 25. That’s why there’s no incompletions without drastic slider work. Here’s an article that says it. Been sharing this yearly since Madden 25 came out. Earlier in release we were using it with better results, but it seems like patches have evened out the defense to better stop it. I don’t use real completion percentages anymore.

https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/...-25-qb-ratings

The qbs haven’t moved in the pocket and their AI is goofy since they added these three ratings. Some qbs have such high ratings in accuracy, they sit and sit and sit. I think this is why. Always have. Now this isn’t as bad as it was since the December patch. It’s really the best qb AI we’ve ever had since the patch.

I also set Acceleration 10 points below speed. This stops qbs from scrambling so much.

Been matching QB’s throwing power with elusive and agility. Tom Brady’s got 99 elusive and agility.

I use Awareness for BCV and Strength. For qbs, strength is more of a confidence thing than anything. Make sure truck and spin and juke are in the 60s for all qbs. Too over powered and qbs aren’t realistic.

triplechin 03-15-2018 11:19 AM

Wow, more info than I thought I would get. Thanks for the help. That seems a bit convoluted, but it is something to work with.

tommycoa 03-15-2018 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triplechin (Post 2049268662)
Wow, more info than I thought I would get. Thanks for the help. That seems a bit convoluted, but it is something to work with.

Welcome to Madden. The game of over-convolutedness.