Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   OOTP Baseball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=632)
-   -   OOTP 19 Video - New Features Walkthrough (14 Minutes) (/forums/showthread.php?t=928738)

Steve_OS 03-14-2018 05:53 PM

OOTP 19 Video - New Features Walkthrough (14 Minutes)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mPuT5lnrMwI" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Check out the latest OOTP 19 video, featuring 14 minutes of footage, from lead developer Markus...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.

tfcfan4life 03-14-2018 07:45 PM

Incredible..

Deepest sim sports game ever made. Love the brand new layout, widgets and color themes. The customization options are insane as well. I can't wait to give this a try!

WaitTilNextYear 03-14-2018 09:01 PM

Re: OOTP 19 Video - New Features Walkthrough (14 Minutes)

The new 3D ballparks with moving crowd sprites and animations give this game surprising life for a text-based sim. The graphics are not, and may never be up there with AAA console titles, but the animations are actually quite strong and varied in this version. I noticed the player sprites reacting to the right bases, with the middle infielders covering bases depending on what side of the field the ball was hit to. They also went around the horn after a strikeout and the ball trajectory was varied when put in play. A pretty amazing advance in this series. It's like they married the "Retro Mode" of The Show (or one of the early NES games like RBI Baseball that Retro Mode is based on) to the depth, power, and customizability that has been OOTP's trademark.

I have enjoyed playing OOTP since maybe 2013 when I first discovered it, but have slanted heavily toward quick simming and playing more of a God/GM/Commissioner role. With how this is looking, I am actually quite eager to get in and manage the games as well.

goillini03 03-14-2018 09:10 PM

This is a game changer. I agree Wait, this makes me want to get into each game and not just win from the GM level.

Skyboxer 03-14-2018 09:25 PM

Yeah.. I'm stoked...

Ok quick question..

Beta we get on the 19th.. will the game saves from that be able to import into final game?
I would assume yes but just making sure.

CaseIH 03-15-2018 03:50 AM

OOTP looks really impressive this yr. Its always great, but this looks better than ever. I havent bought OOTP baseball since 15, but been thinking about getting it this yr. Ive always loved how realistic the simulation aspect of running a baseball organization, and/or being a manager of a team. It truly is the closest representation of a real life sport, as you can get in a game. But Ive always loved MLBTS, and the feel of the duel between pitcher and hitter, and feeling I have some control in how my team does, with me hitting and pitching, that you just dont get in a text sim. But as I get older, and slower in my reaction time and reflexes, that I debate each yr on whether to go with MLBTS, or OOTP.
Plus MLBTS just hasnt made enough strides, to make deeper Franchise mode, and Im getting frustrated with the lack of focus on Franchise mode, due to online play and the gimic fantasy mode diamond dynasty, as it seems they are more focused on that side, now days compared to the way they use to do things. It plays a great game, but Im a stat junkie, and very OCD about realism. Ive never been a online player, nor have any desire to, when it comes to playing console games, but OOTP baseball, being more about being a GM and/or being the manager of a team, probably would be fun, to do in a online league. Im not sure how it works online, but if you can get a person for each team, and make trades, and draft, and build a team thru many seasons, in a online league, would intrigue me to seriously consider it. Because then its more about how well you manage a team, compared to how good you are on the controller.
After seeing this video, it has definitely made my decision harder on which to buy. Likely will depend on what MLBTS has did with Franchise mode, but my guess is they havent did much in way of making it deeper, so Im really leaning towards OOTP this yr, but maybe the devs will surprise me with The Show, when they release franchise features. Personally I cant justify buying both anymore, so its got to be one of the other:crazy:

Skyboxer 03-15-2018 06:05 AM

I'll be getting The Show for sure but for the first time ever I doubt it will be at launch.

I plan to dig into OOTP for the foreseeable future.

For me I always get into a "I want it real" based on ratings vs me wanting to actually play.

I try to find a middle ground where I'll sim some, Player lock some etc.. just so player ratings are the main deciding factor.
I don't have that issue obviously with OOTP.

So OOTP will be my Sim/realism game and when I grab the Show it will be my "just play and have some fun" game.

Will certainly see what the Show franchise mode is like this year then go from there.

Gosens6 03-15-2018 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyboxer (Post 2049268007)
Yeah.. I'm stoked...

Ok quick question..

Beta we get on the 19th.. will the game saves from that be able to import into final game?
I would assume yes but just making sure.

Absolutely, sir. It's the same game everyone is getting on the 22nd. We just get it early because of pre order