Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Quarter Length (/forums/showthread.php?t=929017)

cgm110 03-19-2018 09:27 PM

Quarter Length

What do you set your quarter length and the accelerated clock at? Trying to get the most real to life NFL experience

stinkubus 03-19-2018 10:02 PM

Re: Quarter Length

When playing the CPU I use 6 min quarters with no accelerated clock. I get fewer snaps per game than what they do in the NFL, but this is mitigated by the fact that I'm generally much more efficient on offense. I have a sort of "gentlemen's agreement" with myself to make a good faith effort to snap the ball at or before the play clock hits 20 secs to effectively myself a 25 sec play clock. I even stick to this when clinging to a small lead late in the 4th.

The game really should have an option to change the length of the play clock. It's a much better solution to the problem that the accelerated clock was supposed to solve, and it doesn't need to be magically turned off in the last two minutes, either.

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ 03-19-2018 10:42 PM

I play 12 minute quarters with 20 seconds. I get approximately 60 snaps per game per team on average.

I also sometimes play 15 minites with about 13 seconds (to insure the CPU takes enough time to call plays and snap). This also gives similar results, but making adjustments is very difficult, and time constraints sometimes prevent this.

OhMrHanky 03-21-2018 12:12 AM

I play 15 mins with 17s acc clock. This comes pretty close to real life snaps. I see 120-140 plays per game. And, if u think about it, 15-17 is around the time the avg team starts to break the huddle. This gives u a realistic amt of time to call audibles, move a man in motion, and fake snap some. It takes about 2 hours of real time to play, though. Lol. And, that’s why some don’t play this way, I think. But, I go for realism and have a lot of spare time. Lol. It, overall, plays out realistically for me for the most part, too. U actually have time for the ebb and flow of a full game this way. Now, once your team is 90+ all over the place, you’ll have your ridiculous blowouts. But, honestly, compared to prior maddens when I ran 6 min qtrs, I had bigger blowouts back then. I tend to have somewhat realistic scores with some 55-10 type games mixed in. Again, with a 90+ team, it’s kind of hard to keep things competitive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ 03-21-2018 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhMrHanky (Post 2049276964)
I play 15 mins with 17s acc clock. This comes pretty close to real life snaps. I see 120-140 plays per game. And, if u think about it, 15-17 is around the time the avg team starts to break the huddle. This gives u a realistic amt of time to call audibles, move a man in motion, and fake snap some. It takes about 2 hours of real time to play, though. Lol. And, that’s why some don’t play this way, I think. But, I go for realism and have a lot of spare time. Lol. It, overall, plays out realistically for me for the most part, too. U actually have time for the ebb and flow of a full game this way. Now, once your team is 90+ all over the place, you’ll have your ridiculous blowouts. But, honestly, compared to prior maddens when I ran 6 min qtrs, I had bigger blowouts back then. I tend to have somewhat realistic scores with some 55-10 type games mixed in. Again, with a 90+ team, it’s kind of hard to keep things competitive.

Play All Madden and adjust sliders in favor of the CPU. Also adjust CPU player ratings. Wouldn’t that help?

Vikes1 03-21-2018 02:23 AM

I use 12 min qrts with a 25 sec runoff. This works pretty well for me on All-pro default.

OhMrHanky 03-21-2018 09:31 AM

Quarter Length

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ (Post 2049276978)
Play All Madden and adjust sliders in favor of the CPU. Also adjust CPU player ratings. Wouldn’t that help?

Personally, I don’t have an issue with the scores. I was merely pointing out that once u get to having a 90+ team, you’re going to dominate, regardless, imo. But, what I didn’t add in that post is that I don’t have games like 100-10. Lol. Meaning, that with 120-140 plays per game, which might be more than the avg 6min gamer is used to, u might think you’re going to get overblown scores. I guess I’m trying to say that while u will get blowouts, the game still plays well and I don’t get massive blowouts.

And, honestly, right now, I think I’ve got a 97+ team. And, in reality, a 97+ team on off and def should go undefeated and should blow teams out. So, I don’t have as much of an issue with it. I’ve thought about upping to all-madden, and actually, I just won another Super Bowl, so maybe I’ll start my next season on all-madden to see how it plays. I’ve always been against playing on all-madden because of madden 06 days and older maddens, in general, where all-madden = all-cheat for the cpu. Lol. While I enjoy a challenge, I hated the absolute fabricated all-madden ‘challenge’ where every single cpu player is amazing regardless of ratings. So, that’s why I’ve stayed with all-pro. To me, all-pro plays totally realistically, because, again, if I have a 90+ team, and I call the right plays, I should beat all other teams, u know? And, before I had 90+, I lost a few here and there and had competitive games.

Now, all that being said, from what I’ve heard the last few years, all-madden may not be all-cheat anymore, so I’m curious to give it a try and see how it plays. But, I used to be a slider guy, and don’t want to go down the rabbit hole of trying to tweak all-madden down some. I still enjoy the overall play of all-pro, regardless of the scoring. But, what’s definitely tough is having a quality D and the sack issue. It’s just overall too easy to get sacks, so that really hampers the cpu. Maybe, on all-madden, the cpu qb gets rid of the ball better?

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ 03-21-2018 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhMrHanky (Post 2049277217)
Personally, I don’t have an issue with the scores. I was merely pointing out that once u get to having a 90+ team, you’re going to dominate, regardless, imo. But, what I didn’t add in that post is that I don’t have games like 100-10. Lol. Meaning, that with 120-140 plays per game, which might be more than the avg 6min gamer is used to, u might think you’re going to get overblown scores. I guess I’m trying to say that while u will get blowouts, the game still plays well and I don’t get massive blowouts.

And, honestly, right now, I think I’ve got a 97+ team. And, in reality, a 97+ team on off and def should go undefeated and should blow teams out. So, I don’t have as much of an issue with it. I’ve thought about upping to all-madden, and actually, I just won another Super Bowl, so maybe I’ll start my next season on all-madden to see how it plays. I’ve always been against playing on all-madden because of madden 06 days and older maddens, in general, where all-madden = all-cheat for the cpu. Lol. While I enjoy a challenge, I hated the absolute fabricated all-madden ‘challenge’ where every single cpu player is amazing regardless of ratings. So, that’s why I’ve stayed with all-pro. To me, all-pro plays totally realistically, because, again, if I have a 90+ team, and I call the right plays, I should beat all other teams, u know? And, before I had 90+, I lost a few here and there and had competitive games.

Now, all that being said, from what I’ve heard the last few years, all-madden may not be all-cheat anymore, so I’m curious to give it a try and see how it plays. But, I used to be a slider guy, and don’t want to go down the rabbit hole of trying to tweak all-madden down some. I still enjoy the overall play of all-pro, regardless of the scoring. But, what’s definitely tough is having a quality D and the sack issue. It’s just overall too easy to get sacks, so that really hampers the cpu. Maybe, on all-madden, the cpu qb gets rid of the ball better?

Try this then: Stay on All Pro but use the total control passing mechanic on every pass.