Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   CPU QB passing to only the RB or TE (/forums/showthread.php?t=929065)

Jagsfan24 03-20-2018 03:03 PM

CPU QB passing to only the RB or TE

I noticed a lot while playing this year madden that the Cpu qb throws the ball a lot to either the RB or TE, I also see that a lot of the RB and TE have high stats in this game also.

Does anyone else have this problem where the cpu throws the ball mostly to these 2 positions? Because this years madden when I play against some big name reciever they hardly get the ball even though on replay they are sometimes opened. If the rb or tight end is covered then the qb will stand there like a statue.

Anyone know if this can be fixed or have this problem?

feeq14 03-21-2018 01:16 PM

Re: CPU QB passing to only the RB or TE

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jagsfan24 (Post 2049276302)
I noticed a lot while playing this year madden that the Cpu qb throws the ball a lot to either the RB or TE, I also see that a lot of the RB and TE have high stats in this game also.

Does anyone else have this problem where the cpu throws the ball mostly to these 2 positions? Because this years madden when I play against some big name reciever they hardly get the ball even though on replay they are sometimes opened. If the rb or tight end is covered then the qb will stand there like a statue.

Anyone know if this can be fixed or have this problem?

I have dealt with this and I have some fixes though it doesn't completely fix the issue.

1- Start using edited offensive playbooks for the ai. There's a few threads in here that give directions, but basically give the ai better playcalling to give them better opportunities to get the ball to the actual recievers. The main problem is that the ai calls passing plays where cover 3 and cover 2 will almost ALWAYS cover whatever the main reciever is doing. They dont call crossing routs or in routes to beat those zones. So add them to make it more likely that they see that play open.

2- Adjust traits. Change QB sense pressure to oblivious and QB force pass to balance. This will make them more likely to take shots at coverage instead of always checking down.

3- Call more hard flat zones.