Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Never Again Best Buy!!! (/forums/showthread.php?t=929276)

jake44np 03-23-2018 10:09 AM

Never Again Best Buy!!!

I did not receive my preorder digital download code from BB until 131am last night.
When I go to put in the code it says it is inactive.
I just spoke to their customer service, below is the conversation.
Me: My code says it is inactive.
BB: Not to worry it will be active within 24-48 hours.
Me: Seriously?
BB: Yes, again don't worry it will be activated in the next day or 2.
Me: But I bought the game as a preorder so I can play it early, so I can play it today.
BB: Just keep checking and putting in the code. It will be active in the next day or 2.

I thought they were kidding at first, but they are not.
I will never order a Preorder from them again.
I would suggest no one does!

Rob_NYY 03-23-2018 10:13 AM

Re: Never Again Best Buy!!!

It's best to pre-order digitally from the PS Store. Getting codes from other retailers can always lead to issues with the code not working. If you have Best Buy gift cards, in the future you can use those to buy PSN cards and get it from the PS Store.

jake44np 03-23-2018 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob_NYY (Post 2049280573)
It's best to pre-order digitally from the PS Store. Getting codes from other retailers can always lead to issues with the code not working. If you have Best Buy gift cards, in the future you can use those to buy PSN cards and get it from the PS Store.

Thanks man!
I had a large BB Gift Card, that is the only reason I got it from BB.
I didn't realize I would do what you are saying above.

EnigmaNemesis 03-23-2018 12:03 PM

The FedEx carrier delayed my shipping to what seems Monday now (probably not Saturday since I am having it sent to my office). Got the email last night. Best Buy even sent it out early Wednesday morning. Why they used their NY distribution for FL, when they have closer ones is beyond me.

I called them this morning and they gave me a $10 credit. So I only paid $38 for the MVP edition, but still stinks a little. I need to finish up Bloodborne anyhow, and a friend who is on TWD is visiting me in between filming to 'talk shop', so that shall make for a good distraction.

If you speak with them, and let them know they are not honoring their advertised promotion, they may refund you $10 a well. Give them a ring.

dalger21 03-23-2018 12:06 PM

If you're going to get a game digitally, I'd always say get it from the PSN store simply just for the pre-loading factor.

EnigmaNemesis 03-23-2018 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jake44np (Post 2049280595)
Thanks man!
I had a large BB Gift Card, that is the only reason I got it from BB.
I didn't realize I would do what you are saying above.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dalger21 (Post 2049280827)
If you're going to get a game digitally, I'd always say get it from the PSN store simply just for the pre-loading factor.

Agreed. Pro-tip to maximize BBY/PSN value. Buy PSN cards for the points at BBY, and use the cards on PSN for digital goods, while linking to a http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/home/welcome account for points. They usually always have 5x the points for purchases on PSN, and for every 1,000 points (that equals $10), you can get PSN cards from them as well using the points.

Also, you can get points for trophies. I got free $10/$20 PSN cards for just playing games and getting trophies.

And if you have a rewards (cash back) credit card... it is even sweeter.

Jason_19 03-23-2018 12:08 PM

I know that's off topic, but I wanted to vent and share some idiotic stuff.

I preordered from Walmart and they told me yesterday that the game would be available at midnight and I asked him a few times if he is absolutely certain and he told that he is, but when the person went there who I had get that, they stated the game isn't there and they spend a while searching.

That person was told to call when people in the electronics department get there and I called and the woman told me they game is there for purchase and she isn't aware why we were told that.

I had that person go get that and they were told that I can't get my preorder because that isn't there, however they're selling the game on the shelf to the public so I had them purchase that and will have to return the preorder copy of that.

I had that person put an employee on the phone and he told me they're selling the game because the box that the games were shipped in says the game was to released to the public as of earlier.

I would love to know how many other stores are selling theirs to the public.

Skyboxer 03-23-2018 09:26 PM

I've never had issues at BB.. this is the first time.
Kind of over dramatic to go the "never again" mode.

My issue wasn't even BB but rather the carrier..

Save a ton of money through BB so yeah I'll continue to use them