Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   MLB The Show 18 First Impressions (/forums/showthread.php?t=929479)

Steve_OS 03-25-2018 09:32 AM

MLB The Show 18 First Impressions

One of the hardest things to accomplish as a developer of a yearly title is to...

Written By: Robert Kollars

Click here to view the article.

DvsClint 03-25-2018 09:42 AM

Re: MLB The Show 18 First Impressions

Why in thenhell is it so hard to throw the ball accurately??

What’s the trick there

bluengold34_OS 03-25-2018 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DvsClint (Post 2049284160)
Why in thenhell is it so hard to throw the ball accurately??

What’s the trick there

In what capacity? Pitching or fielding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Caulfield 03-25-2018 11:22 AM

The article is right about the commentary being ''at times badly disjointed''. I know they mentioned that Vasgersian Plesac & DeRosa would record their lines together in the same studio, but IMO that wasnt even the real problem previously. I know they want that 3rd man booth, but the commentary would be fine with just 2 guys, & frankly, would also be better .

oilersfan99 03-25-2018 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caulfield (Post 2049284288)
The article is right about the commentary being ''at times badly disjointed''. I know they mentioned that Vasgersian Plesac & DeRosa would record their lines together in the same studio, but IMO that wasnt even the real problem previously. I know they want that 3rd man booth, but the commentary would be fine with just 2 guys, & frankly, would also be better .

I completely agree about the 2 man booth. I have no idea why they want 3 so badly

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

isherdish 03-25-2018 11:33 AM

I can't imagine Derosa recorded as many lines as Reynolds. He is much more quiet and I've heard a ton of repeats already. They would have been better off kust keeping all of Reynolds lines and just have plesac and Matty v record the new stuff

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

countryboy 03-25-2018 11:39 AM

Agree you with Bob in terms of how great this year's title is. There are things that still bug me, such as the "ole" that you mentioned. I also think that the corner infielders miss too many plays, but overall the game feels extremely solid and fluid from the first pitch to the last.

tnixen 03-25-2018 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilersfan99 (Post 2049284294)
I completely agree about the 2 man booth. I have no idea why they want 3 so badly

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

The commentary truly is bad and I all ready think I want to turn it off and just use stadium crowd. So disappointing year after year. :(

Not only does Matty V still sound boring and stale and like a robot instead of a real human being but there are times where both the color commentary guys go silent for too long.

It's been like this for 10+ years so at this point I think we all need to just get used to it and understand that it is not going to get better any time soon.

MLB The Show 18 commentary can put you to sleep at times!

Having said that SDS did a fantastic job on the presentation visuals in 18 :)