Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports UFC (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=535)
-   -   There is not enough power outside of vulnerability. (/forums/showthread.php?t=929738)

TheUFCVeteran 03-27-2018 10:04 PM

There is not enough power outside of vulnerability.

Seriously. It takes me SEVEN unblocked H-Bombs (which have 103 power) in practice mode at full stamina to finally KO Romero clean. Yet if I slip one strike, come over with the same exact strike, he'll drop right into a 3rd stage KD. If the goal is to have a realistic representation of MMA, the power outside of vulnerability needs to be increased. I also hit a Romero in a live fight with a H-Bomb right off the bat and I didn't even get a rock. Again, this is DAN HENDERSON. The man with iron in that right hand.

I believe power outside of vulnerability needs bumping up significantly. I would like power for bombs and power strikes to be somewhere like the damage slider two to three ticks from the maximum damage on the custom sliders. Of course you'd to modify the defensive mechanics to make them more responsive (seriously, the deadzone on the backdash/backwards head movement is INSANE. Almost 40% to the left until anything happens) and individual strikes but still, that would make it feel much more realistic IMO. Actual power.

It wouldn't be OP because if you spammed power strikes you would gas HARD. Maybe not a total destruction of permanent stamina but it would make temp stamina empty, put a cap on the total amount you can regen (but this would increase slowly) and make actual regen slower. If the mechanics were tightened up too you'd be able to make them miss and counter with volume or even a power strike of your own.

At the very least I would like to see it as a proof of concept. It's just so frustrating hitting someone with a clean power shot from a guy with high power, for it to not even get a rock, yet if the other guy slips and counters with a hook I'm in big trouble.

EDIT: One other thing, why is it that if I throw a hard combo and then a strike that isn't in a set combo, my fighter will straight up not throw it? That or it'll be super delayed. I would like it if they still flowed but maybe make them slower or do a little less damage to compensate.

FCB x Finlay 03-27-2018 10:06 PM

Re: There is not enough power outside of vulnerability.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheUFCVeteran (Post 2049289425)
Seriously. It takes me SEVEN unblocked H-Bombs (which have 103 power) in practice mode at full stamina to finally KO Romero clean. Yet if I slip one strike, come over with the same exact strike, he'll drop right into a 3rd stage KD. If the goal is to have a realistic representation of MMA, the power outside of vulnerability needs to be increased. I also hit a Romero in a live fight with a H-Bomb right off the bat and I didn't even get a rock. Again, this is DAN HENDERSON. The man with iron in that right hand.

I believe power outside of vulnerability needs bumping up significantly. I would like power for bombs and power strikes to be somewhere like the damage slider two to three ticks from the maximum damage on the custom sliders. Of course you'd to modify the defensive mechanics to make them more responsive (seriously, the deadzone on the backdash/backwards head movement is INSANE. Almost 40% to the left until anything happens) and individual strikes but still, that would make it feel much more realistic IMO. Actual power.

It wouldn't be OP because if you spammed power strikes you would gas HARD. Maybe not a total destruction of permanent stamina but it would make temp stamina empty, put a cap on the total amount you can regen (but this would increase slowly) and make actual regen slower. If the mechanics were tightened up too you'd be able to make them miss and counter with volume or even a power strike of your own.

At the very least I would like to see it as a proof of concept. It's just so frustrating hitting someone with a clean power shot from a guy with high power, for it to not even get a rock, yet if the other guy slips and counters with a hook I'm in big trouble.

Check the no vulneeability for non blocking shots thread

ShogunsAssassin 03-27-2018 10:07 PM

I really wish everything was at maximum danger. Beef up the defense idc that won’t matter if everything except swaying attacks gets buffed as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

TheUFCVeteran 03-27-2018 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FCB x Finlay (Post 2049289429)
Check the no vulneeability for non blocking shots thread

Quite a few pages down, no? Just hope the devs at least see this. IDK man. Venting a bit too. Got me riled up earlier. Just don't know WHY it wasn't done like this if their goal was to have a realistic representation of MMA.

SxxthPxw 03-28-2018 04:16 AM

I agree. Game is based around countering right now and it's getting worse, to the point where I don't want to play anymore.

MacGowan 03-28-2018 04:44 AM

Custom sliders - up the damage.
First thing I did.
Unfortunately it only works for offline use.

iverson91 03-28-2018 05:21 AM

Power modifier!!!!!

lbnt149 03-28-2018 05:44 AM

Agree big time. Have said the same since the game was released. It's still taking way too long to damage if you aren't in some sort of window.

A normal punch to the face unblocked can drop you regardless of what your doing, never mind multiple