Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Do you or the catcher call the game? (/forums/showthread.php?t=930240)

milldaddy35 04-02-2018 11:38 AM

Do you or the catcher call the game?

Who do you let call the game? The catcher, or yourself?

Benz87 04-02-2018 11:40 AM

Re: Do you or the catcher call the game?

I do. I think the catcher just randomly calls pitches without much logic, or any type of differentiation between catchers. It makes sense to do it yourself, especially against users online.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

DoubleZ_3 04-02-2018 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milldaddy35 (Post 2049299458)
Who do you let call the game? The catcher, or yourself?

I always call the game.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

trackstar121388 04-02-2018 01:46 PM

I use a mix. I see what they call and I might change the location but keep the pitch, change the pitch and keep the location, or change both, but I always start with the Catchers suggestion.

forme95 04-02-2018 02:06 PM

I let the catcher call it for the most part. I will override him late in counts if I don't like the call.

kaptainkarl76 04-02-2018 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trackstar121388 (Post 2049299687)
I use a mix. I see what they call and I might change the location but keep the pitch, change the pitch and keep the location, or change both, but I always start with the Catchers suggestion.

Exactly this..especially when the catcher is asking for curveball cheese to a power hitter right down the middle..

underdog13 04-02-2018 02:23 PM

When I'm flustered and struggling I follow the catcher. I really like reading the signs from broadcast cam without the API.

MBMavs20 04-02-2018 02:59 PM

About a month ago, I started calling all of my pitches and ignoring the catcher. Just thought his pitch calling didn't make much sense.

I have always been fascinated by the batter/pitcher match-up. What to throw? Do you go with your best pitch? Are you all about disrupting timing? How good are your breaking pitches? Do you favor inside/outside? Up and down in the zone?

When I did my franchise in MLB 08 years ago, I actually looked at the games Jorge Posada and Jose Molina caught just to see if pitchers had a better ERA with one catcher or the other.. (Pitchers ERA was about half a run better with Posada)..

Maybe in the future SDS can assign a rating to a catcher based on how well he calls a game. Maybe even how well he frames pitches too...