Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports UFC (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=535)
-   -   I Quit. (/forums/showthread.php?t=930257)

YourFatZebra 04-02-2018 05:00 PM

I Quit.

After complaining for the entire time the game has been out and still seeing no solution to the stationary head movement issues, I'm done. I can't do this anymore. It's so frustrating having to make all these precise motions and intricate attacks, only to be thwarted by some ******* who just spams hooks and head movement, seems to time it right when the lag spikes. Stopping power is a ****ing joke online. I can't even begin to show you the hundreds of examples where I have clocked someone with a strike that has absolutely no effect on them, only to be KO'd by a much less imposing strike. I'm so sick of being someone who strives to get first round finishes in a sea of cowards totally content to skate to a decision by abusing the **** mechanics.

I didn't think I'd feel like this. I spent 1000+ hours in UFC 2 but I can't play this anymore. It doesn't feel like it's going to get any better. If it does, cool. But until then I can't keep getting my blood pressure up because the devs can't address the key issues to the game. It doesn't reward you for being a skilled smart fighter, it rewards you for having a good connection and knowing how to break the game to your advantage.

aholbert32 04-02-2018 05:19 PM

Re: I Quit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by YourFatZebra (Post 2049300012)
After complaining for the entire time the game has been out and still seeing no solution to the stationary head movement issues, I'm done. I can't do this anymore. It's so frustrating having to make all these precise motions and intricate attacks, only to be thwarted by some ******* who just spams hooks and head movement, seems to time it right when the lag spikes. Stopping power is a ****ing joke online. I can't even begin to show you the hundreds of examples where I have clocked someone with a strike that has absolutely no effect on them, only to be KO'd by a much less imposing strike. I'm so sick of being someone who strives to get first round finishes in a sea of cowards totally content to skate to a decision by abusing the **** mechanics.

I didn't think I'd feel like this. I spent 1000+ hours in UFC 2 but I can't play this anymore. It doesn't feel like it's going to get any better. If it does, cool. But until then I can't keep getting my blood pressure up because the devs can't address the key issues to the game. It doesn't reward you for being a skilled smart fighter, it rewards you for having a good connection and knowing how to break the game to your advantage.

I would like to see those.

Magx951 04-02-2018 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aholbert32 (Post 2049300036)
I would like to see those.

I've had hundreds on hundreds of instances happen where I land a roundhouse kick to the head, and the dude isn't even stunned by it. Sure, you could say that happens in real life, but not nearly with the frequency that it happens in game. This game is a game of who can land the biggest counter strike, first.

TheShizNo1 04-02-2018 05:28 PM

I've never understood threads announcing one's quitting of a game.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app

TheGentlemanGhost 04-02-2018 05:38 PM

Until defense can be improved (and without having to always give some unrealistic video gamey counter strike advantage), a lot of the strikes will mean nothing. It's a balancing act the devs feel like they need to do which keeps the game in an arcade like state. Better footwork, more realistic stamina and more responsive blocking would balance things out if they give us more power in certain situations & strikes. It should be hard to get a clean shot in, but when you do connect flush, it should do some good damage.

I feel like if the devs only change one or two of those things above, we'll still have major issues. The footwork, stamina and blocking all need to be changed first if more stopping power is added or we'll just end up dealing with even more unbalanced cheese and spam imho. So I'm not expecting this game to really feel right until it's actually time for UFC 4 tbh.

smokeface 04-02-2018 05:53 PM

I'm done as well. With online anyway. Offline is really fun though. Still don't have as much fun with this as I do UD3 though. They need to fix the grappling in the next one for sure...if there is a next one.

Boiler569 04-02-2018 06:00 PM

I've had a lot more fun the past couple patches (especially after last week's patch).

But I definitely know where you're coming from.

Anyone who is really burned out on this game --- I suggest taking a week off, maybe even a few weeks til next patch? ---

I took a week off in late March .... when I came back the patch had dropped ... not only was I feeling fresh, the new patch helped, so overall a better experience for sure.

or heck, load-up Practice Mode and try to work on your fundementals over the next cpl weeks, re-tool your game and all that

I still think there are a few real good changes coming down the pike --- but I will admit, we're not going to see a major improvement in Ground/Clinch IMO, at least the overall mechanics, so don't set unrealistic expectations either lol

Dave_S 04-02-2018 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheShizNo1 (Post 2049300056)
I've never understood threads announcing one's quitting of a game.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app

Some people have crazy amount of time into the series, and they can get frustrated.

I understand it. I thinki, or maybe I don't.

I've had some good matches with people in the older games that don't really play this one.

If I get frustrated I just play quick match or invite matches.