Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Quick Counts. Big change after patch. (/forums/showthread.php?t=930801)

CleveCluby 04-09-2018 07:37 PM

Quick Counts. Big change after patch.

I have always played QC in franchise since its beginning and now learning to play DD with QC on line. I suppose I'm one of a few but I can tell you the QC has changed after the latest patch. It used to be a good variety of mixes. Many different counts. But lately about 80% of the time it is 1-1. Especially on the first batter of an inning. In an OL game last night against my friend. Over 40 batters started out with a 1-1 count. We both noticed this so we tried another 5 inn game. We had over 20 1-1 counts. Today I tried an off line franchise and was surprised to see the same 1-1 counts batter after batter. I was hoping it was just an OL problem, But it doesn't appear to be.

Just wondering if anyone else that plays QC has noticed this. I am wondering if they did this intentionally to keep pitchers in the game longer to keep pitch counts down. I know it just can't be happening to me. If it is by design I guess they must have their reason but it kind of changes the whole issue of QC. I know QC was designed to make the game play faster but it also put a different kind of pressure on the pitcher and batter especially if it was a 3-0 or 3-2...

JasonIsGod 04-09-2018 08:07 PM

Re: Quick Counts. Big change after patch.

Nope, been playing franchise last night and today and the counts are all over the place for me.

CleveCluby 04-09-2018 08:52 PM

WOW.. Thanks Jason.. Just played another franchise game and got the same 1-1 results the majority of the time. That's just strange. Wonder if it has something to do with my sliders. Can't see that as a problem. But something is going on somewhere.

miamikb2001 04-09-2018 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CleveCluby (Post 2049311975)
I have always played QC in franchise since its beginning and now learning to play DD with QC on line. I suppose I'm one of a few but I can tell you the QC has changed after the latest patch. It used to be a good variety of mixes. Many different counts. But lately about 80% of the time it is 1-1. Especially on the first batter of an inning. In an OL game last night against my friend. Over 40 batters started out with a 1-1 count. We both noticed this so we tried another 5 inn game. We had over 20 1-1 counts. Today I tried an off line franchise and was surprised to see the same 1-1 counts batter after batter. I was hoping it was just an OL problem, But it doesn't appear to be.

Just wondering if anyone else that plays QC has noticed this. I am wondering if they did this intentionally to keep pitchers in the game longer to keep pitch counts down. I know it just can't be happening to me. If it is by design I guess they must have their reason but it kind of changes the whole issue of QC. I know QC was designed to make the game play faster but it also put a different kind of pressure on the pitcher and batter especially if it was a 3-0 or 3-2...

I’ve noticed:( Unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CleveCluby 04-09-2018 11:25 PM

miamikb2001,,, Thanks. I was about ready to un-install the game and re-install. Didn't know what else to do. Not glad its happening but I am glad to hear that's it just not me. Just played a game in in 17 and there is a big difference. I noticed this after the last couple of patches. As I said, I exclusively play QC.

Bochte23 04-10-2018 12:11 AM

SDS will deny it, just as they deny there is scripting in the game.

da_centa_fielda 04-10-2018 12:25 AM

I thought there was something said before that I just didn't know about because I noticed it too after a few games. Though there were some variety, a very large majority of my counts started at 1-1. It was unusual enough for me to notice.

I dropped it back off this morning. I'm really glad I rented it instead of just going out to buy it. Maybe by the time it goes on sale many of the wrinkles will be ironed out.

bkrich83 04-10-2018 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bochte23 (Post 2049312367)
SDS will deny it, just as they deny there is scripting in the game.

How would this be scripting?

To the OP, I haven't noticed it, but I will pay attention more diligently. I thought increasing 1-1 counts was a priority of theirs at one point anyway. I'm actually ok with more 1-1 counts, but would really like the counts to be weighted by Pitcher/Batter ratings ultimately.