Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   2K5 Questions (/forums/showthread.php?t=931227)

tinpanalley 04-17-2018 01:06 PM

2K5 Questions

Doubt anyone can help me, XBOX or PS2 doesn't matter, but I'll give it a go...
1. Does anyone have the manual? Maybe in PDF form? Or can at least look at their manual to look up things for me? I only kept the disc and I can't remember certain things about pitching and batting.
2. Any chance that anyone knows what the create player function limit is? I remember The Show in 2006 permitted about 22 players.
3. I've searched the rosters section but there's no chance any of you have kept your own private roster you've updated for the past 10 years is there? :grin::grin:

Thanks to anyone who can give me a hand.

Yari 05-06-2018 01:14 PM

Re: 2K5 Questions

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinpanalley (Post 2049322050)
Doubt anyone can help me, XBOX or PS2 doesn't matter, but I'll give it a go...
1. Does anyone have the manual? Maybe in PDF form? Or can at least look at their manual to look up things for me? I only kept the disc and I can't remember certain things about pitching and batting.
2. Any chance that anyone knows what the create player function limit is? I remember The Show in 2006 permitted about 22 players.
3. I've searched the rosters section but there's no chance any of you have kept your own private roster you've updated for the past 10 years is there? :grin::grin:

Thanks to anyone who can give me a hand.

I realize this is a bit late but I do at least have the PS2 game manual if you would like me to attempt to photograph and/or scan it. I have no idea on the other two but if there's a PC editor around I might be able to give things a shot, though I've never done such a project before. I know someone has been working with getting around some player creation limit in the NHL 2k5 game by cutting international team players but I'm unsure if the same would work for MLB, provided that there is a roster editor outside of the game.

tinpanalley 05-06-2018 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yari (Post 2049346579)
I realize this is a bit late but I do at least have the PS2 game manual if you would like me to attempt to photograph and/or scan it.

If it's no problem for you or too time consuming that would be great. There are just a lot more options in these 2K era games for gameplay and so on and it would help to look at any manual even if it's not the XBOX version.
By the way, I did some tests and the max for created players is 25.

Yari 05-06-2018 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinpanalley (Post 2049346595)
If it's no problem for you or too time consuming that would be great. There are just a lot more options in these 2K era games for gameplay and so on and it would help to look at any manual even if it's not the XBOX version.
By the way, I did some tests and the max for created players is 25.

I should be able to scan the PS2 manual tomorrow. I did find the game case for the X-box version but unfortunately I can't easily find that specific manual. Also thanks, that information helps. Ideally there are a few things I'd like to do with ESPN MLB 2k5 but I'm not sure how likely I'd be to getting around to updating rosters, if it's even possible.

Unfortunately, my original x-box is having hardware issues to where it turns on when plugged in, the power button doesn't function, and will reset after a period of being on without warning. Even if I managed to update rosters I'd have no way to test the X-box side because unfortunately the X-box 360 is not able to play MLB 2k5. Even that system is beginning to have disc tray issues.

Yari 05-09-2018 09:33 AM

@tinpanalley I'm scanning the manual now. I apologize about the delay but I got sidetracked the last couple days with things around the house. I'll edit this post or post again when I have the manual fully scanned.

tinpanalley 05-09-2018 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yari (Post 2049349725)
@tinpanalley I'm scanning the manual now. I apologize about the delay but I got sidetracked the last couple days with things around the house. I'll edit this post or post again when I have the manual fully scanned.

Hey listen, there is no reason to apologise when you're doing me and the community here a favour. Someone will want it at some point. Thanks.