Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Elite backs vs average backs (/forums/showthread.php?t=931760)

celticboy25 04-30-2018 08:42 AM

Elite backs vs average backs

Biggest problem killing this game for me not seeing much of a difference between the elite RBs from the rest of the RBs in the league- with regard to when I’m controlling them. Had my starter, Todd Gurley, go down 5 weeks into the season. Brought in backup for week 6 and didn’t see any drop off in rushing yards. There is like a 20 point difference in overall ratings between the 2 backs. Shouldn’t that account for some sort of noticeable difference?
What slider sets can help me achieve results based on player ratings rather than user skill?

T4VERTS 04-30-2018 08:50 AM

Re: Elite backs vs average backs

Quote:

Originally Posted by celticboy25 (Post 2049338665)
Biggest problem killing this game for me not seeing much of a difference between the elite RBs from the rest of the RBs in the league- with regard to when I’m controlling them. Had my starter, Todd Gurley, go down 5 weeks into the season. Brought in backup for week 6 and didn’t see any drop off in rushing yards. There is like a 20 point difference in overall ratings between the 2 backs. Shouldn’t that account for some sort of noticeable difference?
What slider sets can help me achieve results based on player ratings rather than user skill?

Part of the issue as you said is you controlling them. It is similar to when you control a QB, outside of forcing errant throws you the human are making the reads which is the most difficult part. As a HB they could make you fall down easier as a back up I guess, unless that is one of the attributes your HB is good at, but you the player are controlling finding the running lanes which tends to be the toughest thing for a HB.

ASZEMPLE 04-30-2018 01:23 PM

Madden has never gotten this right, every running back relatively feels the same when user control despite rating, elite player should give the user to perform jukes, cuts, and broken tackles easier and mistakes less impactful and easier to overcome vs lower players where you can still achieve the same outcome but it takes more user skill and patience, and mistakes hurt the user a lot more.

You just don’t get that feel in Madden.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Kaanyr Vhok 04-30-2018 02:40 PM

I don't notice this online or off. If anything its speed backs with the advantage especially behind a line that has better tackles than guards. That said, good speed backs are much better than poor speed backs.

khaliib 04-30-2018 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by celticboy25 (Post 2049338665)

1) Do a 13yr Sim to cycle out default roster completely.
2) Turn all XP Sliders off (what is drafted is what the player is before regression starts to happen due to injuries, age, not meeting goals)

Just drafting a fast RB will not suffice because the guard rails created by the high ratings in default rosters is not there making it easy to run.

Another thing that’s huge, edit RB AGL down to 80 as this rating really impacts movement of Usered players in relation to stick input.
- 80 is the lowest for animation threshold along with speed of stick response.

greenbuk75 05-01-2018 09:25 AM

You def get more broken tackles with a high elu and agility and guys who dont have good accel or agility or bcv have a much harder time hitting holes

UFCMPunk 05-01-2018 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khaliib (Post 2049339177)
1) Do a 13yr Sim to cycle out default roster completely.
2) Turn all XP Sliders off (what is drafted is what the player is before regression starts to happen due to injuries, age, not meeting goals)

Just drafting a fast RB will not suffice because the guard rails created by the high ratings in default rosters is not there making it easy to run.

Another thing that’s huge, edit RB AGL down to 80 as this rating really impacts movement of Usered players in relation to stick input.
- 80 is the lowest for animation threshold along with speed of stick response.

How does lowering AGI to 80 effect the AI RBs?

Kentaurus 05-01-2018 07:48 PM

This may be the case for speed backs, but power backs certainly show a difference in overall. Trucking is trucking, and a hell of a lot easier to push with a higher rating. Also inside running makes BCV a much bigger issue, which also typically leads to higher OVR.