Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NHL 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   ESPN NHL 2K5 (Xbox) 2018-19 Roster Development Thread (/forums/showthread.php?t=931900)

WWEDX2007 05-03-2018 09:54 AM

ESPN NHL 2K5 (Xbox) 2018-19 Roster Development Thread

1 Attachment(s)
After working on ESPN NHL 2K5 for the past day I've decided to officially begin the roster project, I have also realized this is gonna be a massive undertaking and a thread is gonna be needed to keep track of my progress. I previously gauged interest on this in 2015 and various comments were made in Snowdrift's threads before having to go back on-topic.

Attributes, ages, captaincies, equipment and jersey numbers will all be as close to reality as possible (within the game's limitations)

MIKEY'S ESPN NHL 2K5 UPDATED ROSTERS (as of October 2nd, 2018)

Modern:

ANA, ARI, BOS, BUF, CAR, CBJ, CGY, CHI, COL, DAL, DET, EDM, FLA, LA, MIN, MTL, NJ, NSH, NYI, NYR, OTT, PHI, PIT, SJ, STL, TB, TOR, VAN, VGK, WPG, WSH

Historic:
All

RESOURCES:

Wanna make rosters for ESPN NHL 2K5? If you can help with the project in any way it would be much appreciated!

Flying Finn's ESPN NHL 2K5 Editor (Newer Version):

You need this editor to do anything in ESPN NHL 2K5 that is large scale, this is a newer version than the one that's on Finn's OS Arena and the reason that matters is that you can right click "Clear NHL Reference" which removes the player's menuface (A must for removing inaccurate photos) Credit to ZeroPucks for the link to this version of the editor/the files within and of course thanks to Finn for creating it. (Contact me if having this up is an issue)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/15o901dtbkjlf0d/ESPN_NHL_2K5_Editor.7z

Default Roster:

This is necessary as it's the only way you can keep in-game faces for whenever you need them. Once you see a face you want in an edited roster you open both in Finn's editor and copy the whole player from the Default Roster to your edited roster. and the player will have that face in-game.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uS9...ew?usp=sharing

In-Game Faces (Incomplete):

Why is this important? Aside from the abundance of different faces than the in-game editor gives you Created Skaters cause problems in the game which prevent Season and Franchise from working properly, therefore it is advised to turn unwanted existing skaters into someone new with information and the vast selection of in-game faces which can't cause problems. with these images you can see what you're copying from in a vanilla roster to an edited one. which reduces the amount of time you'll need to spend on console.

Also included is an "info.txt" file which tells you information about the default roster, such as what players use existing faces in the game and which ones don't have any.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Rmm8yv3RmDgysnDT5xPD40fKRyqMNjmk?usp=sharing

Equipment:

The equipment images here correspond with what you set in the editor. If you set a player's helmet to 1 you'll see what it's in the image of 1 and etc.

Goalie pads and helmets will be pictured in the future.

Helmets (Skaters): https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...qm?usp=sharing
Skates (Skaters and Goalies): https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...eo?usp=sharing
Sticks (Skaters and Goalies): https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...6D?usp=sharing

WWEDX2007 05-03-2018 03:55 PM

Re: ESPN NHL 2K5 (Xbox) 2018-19 Roster Development Thread

GODDAMN, I reached the Created Skater limit within 2 teams, now I have to figure out what to do to add more players.

tinpanalley 05-03-2018 04:12 PM

Re: ESPN NHL 2K5 (Xbox) 2017-18 Roster Development Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by WWEDX2007 (Post 2049343376)
GODDAMN, I reached the Created Skater limit within 2 teams, now I have to figure out what to do to add more players.

I was just gonna ask you, do you know what kind of limit is there on created players? Because I remember ESPN MLB 2K5 had a limit of 25.
So even with the PC editor you're not able to create more or use the existing players and just wipe their pbp names? The biggest thing with using previous players is not having their old names called.

WWEDX2007 05-03-2018 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinpanalley (Post 2049343410)
I was just gonna ask you, do you know what kind of limit is there on created players? Because I remember ESPN MLB 2K5 had a limit of 25.
So even with the PC editor you're not able to create more or use the existing players and just wipe their pbp names? The biggest thing with using previous players is not having their old names called.

I thought photos could be removed but apparently not, that puts a roadblock on this project

tinpanalley 05-03-2018 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WWEDX2007 (Post 2049343418)
I thought photos could be removed but apparently not, that puts a roadblock on this project

Really? Not even in the editor? I'm just curious though, what did you do about that issue in 2K10 on PS2? I'm sure you had to leave SOME portraits, no?
Something to consider... A guy who works on the 2K10 for 360 rosters (austrianredwing) does updates without any editor using only the game and so he has to keep TONS of original faces. But I have to tell you, despite the fact that I'd love an editor for getting rid of the photos, because he's removed every major recognizable player, it's actually not that bad and the game is so fun I don't even care. I think he used lots of minors guys, lots of free agent guys, and dumped off basically any really well known guys. Is that doable do you think?

WWEDX2007 05-04-2018 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinpanalley (Post 2049343714)
Really? Not even in the editor? I'm just curious though, what did you do about that issue in 2K10 on PS2? I'm sure you had to leave SOME portraits, no?
Something to consider... A guy who works on the 2K10 for 360 rosters (austrianredwing) does updates without any editor using only the game and so he has to keep TONS of original faces. But I have to tell you, despite the fact that I'd love an editor for getting rid of the photos, because he's removed every major recognizable player, it's actually not that bad and the game is so fun I don't even care. I think he used lots of minors guys, lots of free agent guys, and dumped off basically any really well known guys. Is that doable do you think?

Actually, no.

There's a reason why "Menufaces A" and "Menufaces B" exist on my 2K10 PS2 roster, I sought out every skater in the game who doesn't have a menuface and made up my rosters that way. I hate the way reusing other players' menufaces looks. So no member of any team has a face unless they played in 2008-09.

So now I'm considering taking every skater who doesn't have a face and throwing them on a separate team to continue the project. With the advantage of the editor, I can turn any blank menuface into a player with a head of my choosing. So that will assist. I'll just need to make a repository of the faces like Snowdrift has in his editor so I know what I'm doing. It's just a matter of hoping there's enough blanks to fill out the rest of the teams. I was lucky enough to have plenty in 2K10 PS2.

I don't wanna give up on this.

EDIT: As Bob Cole would say.....Ohhh baby! the Free Agency list in ESPN NHL 2K5 has PLENTY of empty faces.
EDIT2: Here we go again....after making a Created Team again full of blank menufaces, it's letting me create skaters again, So weird...

tinpanalley 05-04-2018 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WWEDX2007 (Post 2049344302)
EDIT: As Bob Cole would say.....Ohhh baby! the Free Agency list in ESPN NHL 2K5 has PLENTY of empty faces.
EDIT2: Here we go again....after making a Created Team again full of blank menufaces, it's letting me create skaters again, So weird...

Maybe you've stumbled on some bizarre loophole. Strange. Do tests of things one player at a time to be sure. For example, snowdrift found in 2K8 for PS3 that you couldn't create certain player types (scorer, playmaker, etc) by just going to that type when creating a player because it wouldn't stick. The game randomly selects them and you have to actually keep opening a new player until you get the player type you want or else later on, it reverts back to what it originally chose. Anyway, I'm not saying look for the same issue, but don't commit to a game-wide fix before you've tested it if possible. I was all set to start updating players in MLB2K5 once and only when I decided to play with the create player feature did I realise that it wasn't possible to make more than 25 guys, but it saved me a lot of time realising that because of a test rather than because of being knee-deep and hours into a league-wide edit.

WWEDX2007 05-04-2018 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinpanalley (Post 2049344523)
Maybe you've stumbled on some bizarre loophole. Strange. Do tests of things one player at a time to be sure. For example, snowdrift found in 2K8 for PS3 that you couldn't create certain player types (scorer, playmaker, etc) by just going to that type when creating a player because it wouldn't stick. The game randomly selects them and you have to actually keep opening a new player until you get the player type you want or else later on, it reverts back to what it originally chose. Anyway, I'm not saying look for the same issue, but don't commit to a game-wide fix before you've tested it if possible. I was all set to start updating players in MLB2K5 once and only when I decided to play with the create player feature did I realise that it wasn't possible to make more than 25 guys, but it saved me a lot of time realising that because of a test rather than because of being knee-deep and hours into a league-wide edit.

Well the thing is, this "fix" happened early in me making the 2K10 PS2 rosters.

To this day, I am still able to make skaters in that game despite having hit the skater limit a long time ago.

In both cases, the same thing happened: I cut players from international teams and the game let me create skaters again.