Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   EA takes HUGE cheap shot at ESPN (/forums/showthread.php?t=93196)

Pared 08-20-2004 07:50 PM

EA takes HUGE cheap shot at ESPN

Link

Quote:

ESPN NFL 2K5 -- the game that dropped its price to an unprecedented $19.99 -- sold just under 800,000 units in the month of July. Sure, that number is a lot higher than in year's past, but it's no 1.3 million in a week! It just goes to show, you really do get what you pay for.
:y3:

kirkangil 08-20-2004 07:54 PM

Re: EA takes HUGE cheap shot at ESPN

Where did they say this at?

Flawless 08-20-2004 07:56 PM

They both take shots at each other,but that is low blow.

Pared 08-20-2004 07:57 PM

On the bottom of the page! Click the link!

http://www.easports.com/games/madden2005/sales.jsp

For those that can't find the word "Link" in my first post. :y13:

Sidewindersca 08-20-2004 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flawless
They both take shots at each other,but that is low blow.

Its not a low blow, its true. Sega will never be able to outsell madden. I bet even if it were free madden would still appear in more homes than ESPN

MVPlaya 08-20-2004 08:27 PM

Whoa, now that's a low blow. They just randomly added it at the end of the article...wow.

newsguy 08-20-2004 08:35 PM

One of the producers made a similar comment in the gamespot video preview. I'm sure many of you remember, it was something like the price differenciates the A product from the B product. I could care less, I mean, I love both games, and Madden has been out for 15 years. If the tables were turned ESPN would sell many more copies. It's all about building a fanbase, and what ESPN did by cutting the price was to substitute name recognition with price.

koolbubbaice 08-20-2004 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newsguy
One of the producers made a similar comment in the gamespot video preview. I'm sure many of you remember, it was something like the price differenciates the A product from the B product. I could care less, I mean, I love both games, and Madden has been out for 15 years. If the tables were turned ESPN would sell many more copies. It's all about building a fanbase, and what ESPN did by cutting the price was to substitute name recognition with price.

EA bashes them cause they see them as a serious threat.. EA is jealous that VC can make the best looking football game ever, & Madden barly manages to get the, it looks good tag.. Sega won't outsell Madden, but many sites are saying ESPN is better or just as good as Madden. Not bad for 20.00.