Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Biggest rebuilds for M19? (/forums/showthread.php?t=932047)

solmon 05-07-2018 02:11 PM

Biggest rebuilds for M19?

I was talking to a friend and realized that some of the common rebuilds over the last 3-5 years are now intriguing or already contenders. With that in mind, what teams are in the worst shape?

I currently think these teams are potential rebuilds (no specific order):

-Dolphins: Worst team in the league IMO

-Colts: Still a mess, but I liked their draft outside of the LB Leonard in the 2nd (reach IMO). I think it could be a fun storyline to trade Luck, get a huge haul, and really start over. Could try and make Brissett work or be gap filler.

-Jets: Darnold makes it easier, but so many pieces missing

-Bengals: Dalton needs to be replaced, many past draft choices flopped, some decent young talent like Mixon and Ross on offense.

-Bills: On their way with Allen, Edmunds, Benjamin but still a bunch of work to do. O-line is a mess. McCoy won't be the same much longer.

Surprise* -Seahawks: They've lost so much talent and have had sub-par drafts. I think they are further away than people realize. Wilson makes it a little easier and we'll see how Penny is rated, but that once-feared defense is much older and less filled out.

Chargers, Saints, Giants (I love** Lauletta, some don't), Pats, Broncos, & maybe Jags all have a need for future QB solution. Non of these qualify as true rebuild IMO.

tivowithlime 05-07-2018 04:10 PM

Re: Biggest rebuilds for M19?

good question

RogueHominid 05-09-2018 12:00 PM

Agreed on MIA and IND, though IND at least got that mauler out of ND in the 1st round.

MIA feels totally gutted. Good luck moving the ball with any consistency on offense (if you use challenging sliders), and good luck stopping anyone on defense.

That would be my lead-pipe lock pick.

reyes the roof 05-09-2018 12:25 PM

Dolphins, Seattle, Denver, and Washington seems like their arrow might be pointing down

jyod21 05-10-2018 11:52 AM

Franchise Mode

solmon 05-10-2018 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reyes the roof (Post 2049349892)
Dolphins, Seattle, Denver, and Washington seems like their arrow might be pointing down

Denver?? They have a solid team and had a super strong draft. Keenum is legit IMO...may look for long term QB answer but help me see the rebuild?

reyes the roof 05-10-2018 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solmon (Post 2049351057)
Denver?? They have a solid team and had a super strong draft. Keenum is legit IMO...may look for long term QB answer but help me see the rebuild?

I think Keenum played above his abilities year and will come back down to earth. Thomas and Sanders are both on the wrong side of thirty and you never know what you're getting out of a rookie WR. Admittedly I don't follow them closely but they seem like a team with a solid defense and an offense that needs to be gutted

solmon 05-10-2018 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reyes the roof (Post 2049351136)
I think Keenum played above his abilities year and will come back down to earth. Thomas and Sanders are both on the wrong side of thirty and you never know what you're getting out of a rookie WR. Admittedly I don't follow them closely but they seem like a team with a solid defense and an offense that needs to be gutted

Well, when you put it like that....fair. Offense needs help. I'd trade Thomas, get 3rd rounder maybe? Inject Sutton in his former role. I really like Freeman from Oregon as a long term RB. Enough burst, powerful. Find QB of future via trade or draft.