Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Custom Draft Classes Officially in M19 (/forums/showthread.php?t=932700)

Toupal 05-25-2018 11:19 AM

Custom Draft Classes Officially in M19

XtremeDunkz 05-25-2018 11:38 AM

Re: Custom Draft Classes Officially in M19

If that's the main new franchise feature that's disappointing. Doesn't do anything for a competitive online cfm.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Toupal 05-25-2018 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz (Post 2049366156)
If that's the main new franchise feature that's disappointing. Doesn't do anything for a competitive online cfm.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That sounds similar to "Custom Draft Boards" last season for offline players.

I'm sure they'll have more, however this was the most requested feature on Rex's Twitter poll.

scitychamps87 05-25-2018 11:45 AM

I'll take it. And don't underestimate the power of this to change a franchise over a few seasons and help immersion. Not to mention archetypes combined with this could transform how you build a team. That is...if implemented correctly.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app

Yeah...THAT Guy 05-25-2018 11:56 AM

The skeptic in me expects this to mean that there will be zero busts and sleepers; that the game will automatically determine projected draft range based on overall/position value so it'll just rank the best prospects at the top and worst at the bottom. I hope that EA had the foresight to allow the people making these classes the ability to set the draft range themselves, but skeptical me doesn't expect that to be the case.

BlacknBlue 05-25-2018 12:16 PM

So Madden can pull this off, legally, and allow the users to once again create and share custom draft classes. That means people will be creating real life players with their real names, schools, numbers, and perceived looks and attributes. So what is stopping them from releasing NCAA football again now???

mjavon 05-25-2018 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlacknBlue (Post 2049366233)
So Madden can pull this off, legally, and allow the users to once again create and share custom draft classes. That means people will be creating real life players with their real names, schools, numbers, and perceived looks and attributes. So what is stopping them from releasing NCAA football again now???

They still have to get the individual schools and CDC to agree to a deal, and a lot of those schools are likely still afraid of lawsuits after what happened before. Even if their fears are baseless and they go with fully generic players (no likeness issues) there are still probably a lot of university higher-ups that would just rather not deal with it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app

Toupal 05-25-2018 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlacknBlue (Post 2049366233)

This has been debated many times on forms, but...
As long as the game ships/ sells without real college athletes and allows for the Users to customize and share draft classes for free, all is kosher.