Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   How in-depth do you think Madden will take its archetype system? (/forums/showthread.php?t=932839)

King Gro23 05-29-2018 08:18 AM

How in-depth do you think Madden will take its archetype system?

With what seems to be a new subtle announcement about player archetypes being introduced to Madden I find myself wondering a few things.

Do you think the player Arch types will be new additions as far as the titles go because the game has had archetypes but they were labeled as player type and pretty much mattered little to none. Some examples are pocket passer, balanced, scrambler, 3 - 4 pass rusher... ETC

Do you think they will get more detailed for example such as A-1 Tech, Edge rusher, Force Defender?

Are you expecting much out of this announcement because I think the potential is there. But I have a feeling that Madden will keep its same old lineage that has been in the game for 15 years now.

What are types would you like to see? And how would you like to see them impact the game of Madden?

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app

Reed1417 05-29-2018 08:23 AM

Re: How in-depth do you think Madden will take its archetype system?

Personally as long as the game doesn't punish me for having both Flacco & Jackson on the same if they don't fit my scheme because of their archtype I'll be a happy guy. Other than that I'm looking to see how the new skill points system impacts the archtypes.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

GameBreaker35 05-29-2018 08:28 AM

I’m trying to understand this concept as well. Player and positional archetypes have been in awhile, so I’m unsure of what they are attempting to market to us.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

XtremeDunkz 05-29-2018 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GameBreaker35 (Post 2049371136)
I’m trying to understand this concept as well. Player and positional archetypes have been in awhile, so I’m unsure of what they are attempting to market to us.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Well right now the game just basically tells you what type of player they are with no real underlying purpose. Each and every player in the game is a blank canvas that you can upgrade and turn in to anything you want.

Supposedly this this new system, you will have to build players according to their strengths. Which makes the draft/fa/ trades more intriguing as you try to fill your team with players that fit your scheme.

bigbrother005 05-29-2018 10:38 AM

Supposedly this this new system, you will have to build players according to their strengths. Which makes the draft/fa/ trades more intriguing as you try to fill your team with players that fit your scheme.[/quote]

This is one of the things I can't wait to learn more about. I hate watching teams grab anybody from free agency or draft and watch them play like it doesn't matter. Only thing that would make it better was a playbook skill where new players took time to learn your playbook and made mistakes when pushed into service too quickly. Make it like the old NCAA where they ran the wrong route or showed squiggly lines/multiple routes for route.

jpdavis82 05-29-2018 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbrother005 (Post 2049371208)
Supposedly this this new system, you will have to build players according to their strengths. Which makes the draft/fa/ trades more intriguing as you try to fill your team with players that fit your scheme.

This is one of the things I can't wait to learn more about. I hate watching teams grab anybody from free agency or draft and watch them play like it doesn't matter. Only thing that would make it better was a playbook skill where new players took time to learn your playbook and made mistakes when pushed into service too quickly. Make it like the old NCAA where they ran the wrong route or showed squiggly lines/multiple routes for route.[/quote]

Here’s a little article about it and there’s also a video. http://www.sportsgamersonline.com/ma...first-details/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brza37 05-29-2018 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpdavis82 (Post 2049371238)
This is one of the things I can't wait to learn more about. I hate watching teams grab anybody from free agency or draft and watch them play like it doesn't matter. Only thing that would make it better was a playbook skill where new players took time to learn your playbook and made mistakes when pushed into service too quickly. Make it like the old NCAA where they ran the wrong route or showed squiggly lines/multiple routes for route.

The playbook learning feature in Head Coach made team-building so much more in-depth than Madden has ever been. I hope they bring it to Madden one day and fix the glitch from HC where your own players would immediately forget 100% of your playbook the moment they hit free agency.

howboutdat 05-29-2018 11:59 AM

im just going to answer the title of this question with a simple truthful answer:

How in-depth do you think Madden will take its archetype system?

About as indepth as everything else they add to CFM. If you can call any of it "deep" at all. A better question will be how shallow will it be .