Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   ESPN NFL 2K5 Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   ESPN NFL 2K5 Bashing . . . (/forums/showthread.php?t=93286)

mcquillian 08-21-2004 06:58 PM

ESPN NFL 2K5 Bashing . . .

This TheManRoom review is kind of harsh . . .

"What else do I need to say? The king has returned! EA once again has taken a great game and pushed it a few more steps forward. The gameplay is superior, the franchise mode is superior, the Live interface is superior. Madden NFL 2005 isn't just one of the best sports games ever, it's one of the best video games ever. You may think you have more football choices this year, but you really don't. Sure you can buy two copies of this year's competitor for the cost of one Madden, but what does it tell you when the competition is the one that had to whore their game out for $20 just to get people to play it. Buy John Madden NFL Football 2005, buy it now, play for the next year and then buy the 2006 edition when it comes out at the end of next summer. And so the circle of life continues..."

Are these guys in bed with Madden? I understand that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but the "whore their game out" statement is kind of a low blow . . . So, an aggressive marketing practice by Sega equates to whoring? Pathetic . . .

vinny 08-21-2004 07:34 PM

Re: ESPN NFL 2K5 Bashing . . .

Noticed that too.

Kind of low.

They are just getting there game out so more people will see its a good series, not whoring it.

jordan0386 08-21-2004 07:44 PM

old tired corny

Spectre 08-21-2004 07:53 PM

This is getting old- I love how that review doesn't say the word ESPN but says "the competitor." Plus they give the worst justification for Madden being better than ESPN: it costs $20.00. Pathetic.

Rickster101 08-21-2004 09:15 PM

I find it hard to believe that these comments were to be thought of as a review, its totally one sided, untrue, unbiased, insensitive, insulting and a complete and total waste of ones skills as a writer if this individual claims himself to be one. Sounds like plain old fashion bashing as the thread claims...he is completly off base and out of line....reviewers go figure all he's done is to makes them all look bad and personalized it with the "Whore" reference...sad.:frown:

Holla Back ya'll :y220b::y11:

Programmed2Kill 08-21-2004 09:43 PM

Who cares? Just play the game and enjoy it like I'm doing.

Everybody's so worried about opinions of others and how this guy bashes this game and whatever. That's what is tired to me.

Rickster101 08-21-2004 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Programmed2Kill

Everybody's so worried about opinions of others and how this guy bashes this game and whatever. That's what is tired to me.

Thats a pretty caviler attitude don't you think? Do you have or know kids who read this kind of stuff?

And everybody is not somebody, and somebody is a person like myself who finds it irresponsible journalism to write such comments that insinuate and insult, then find its *****-aid propaganda here, and why? Because someone has an opinon and finds it worth posting for comment or disscussion.

Thats not being worried...thats being concerned and having a point of view.
You are entitled to yours, but it lacks a concern and respect for those who choose to "CARE".

Holla Back ya'll :y220b::y11:

ODogg 08-21-2004 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Programmed2Kill

Much agreed man, well said.