Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   M19 CFM Interview w/Ben Heumiller (13min) (/forums/showthread.php?t=933419)

khaliib 06-11-2018 04:23 AM

M19 CFM Interview w/Ben Heumiller (13min)

Interview courtesy of DML Network:
https://youtu.be/TMk_Q6LrKVI

Great interview with a lot of information about the layered functionality of Schemes and Archetypes.

1) Redone generated Draft Classes to balance out Archetypes in each class, along with minimizing the number (1-3) of Superstar Dev Trait players generated in each class.
- nice notation that it will be a challenge for a player to maintain that Superstar Trait status as their career progresses, with “performance” as one of the driving factors.

2) Some talk about how “Regression” will work.
- Caps established that trigger the regression
- possible “Freaks” that bypass those caps (ie T Brady)

3) (15) additional ratings added to expand Player Differentiation.
- (1) OVR pt increases w/in Archetypes will be visible during gameplay.

4) “Animation Loop Closures” that provide context to why something happened.
- Player Reactions to outcome.
- dropped catch given as an example.

5) Player Cerebral clarification
- AWR rating for Offense
- Play Recognition for Deffense

6) Players will play to their ratings more than have been in any other Madden.
- via Archetypes

7) Can change Draft Projection of a player using Draft Class Editor.

8) Draftees walking out on stage during draft.
- Superstar Trait Player will pose

9) How “Snapshots” will work w/in CFM.
- Looping clips from your game (clarification needed if Snapshots will be pics or game highlights)
- will be able to see other Online league players Snapshots while in your Hub.

10) Ends interview with a “Major” declaration for any CFM gamers going forth.

BleedGreen710 06-11-2018 05:10 AM

Re: M19 CFM Interview w/Ben Heumiller (13min)

Some really good stuff here!! I wonder if you can draft freaks or if they are only limited to specific existing players. Also I'm really excited to hear what the major CFM addition will be.

Sent from my HTC Desire 625 using Tapatalk

adembroski 06-11-2018 05:34 AM

If I could pick any designer at EA to head up CFM, it'd be Haumiller. I really mean that. He is one of the main reasons NCAA was always better.

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ 06-11-2018 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khaliib (Post 2049386283)
Interview courtesy of DML Network:
https://youtu.be/TMk_Q6LrKVI

Great interview with a lot of information about the layered functionality of Schemes and Archetypes.

1) Redone generated Draft Classes to balance out Archetypes in each class, along with minimizing the number (1-3) of Superstar Dev Trait players generated in each class.
- nice notation that it will be a challenge for a player to maintain that Superstar Trait status as their career progresses, with “performance” as one of the driving factors.

2) Some talk about how “Regression” will work.
- Caps established that trigger the regression
- possible “Freaks” that bypass those caps (ie T Brady)

3) (15) additional ratings added to expand Player Differentiation.
- (1) OVR pt increases w/in Archetypes will be visible during gameplay.

4) “Animation Loop Closures” that provide context to why something happened.
- Player Reactions to outcome.
- dropped catch given as an example.

5) Player Cerebral clarification
- AWR rating for Offense
- Play Recognition for Deffense

6) Players will play to their ratings more than have been in any other Madden.
- via Archetypes

7) Can change Draft Projection of a player using Draft Class Editor.

8) Draftees walking out on stage during draft.
- Superstar Trait Player will pose

9) How “Snapshots” will work w/in CFM.
- Looping clips from your game (clarification needed if Snapshots will be pics or game highlights)
- will be able to see other Online league players Snapshots while in your Hub.

10) Ends interview with a “Major” declaration for any CFM gamers going forth.

Thanks for the summary!

joshrapley 06-11-2018 07:02 AM

The declaration was just that CFM isn't going anywhere, it's a major part of Madden's history and will continue to receive focus moving forward.

One question around archetypes that Ben discussed is around the rating part, he said a 75 OVR in the right scheme will develop quicker than an 80 OVR which of course makes sense.

However, will they perform better? If you have 100% Offense fit (i.e all players fits the scheme perfectly) will they perform better than a team that doesn't fit their scheme but have higher individual OVR's?

I would expect that to be true else it will be just about finding highest OVR for the scheme rather than fit.

briz1046 06-11-2018 07:12 AM

The mentioned re-naming of the traits , removing the slow progression trait , in order to placate nfl/NFLPA concerns is probably why EA would find it extremely difficult to re-introduce any true player 'personality system in Madden , too much pressure not to portray any player in a bad light , even by implication or comparison

adembroski 06-11-2018 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshrapley (Post 2049386320)
The declaration was just that CFM isn't going anywhere, it's a major part of Madden's history and will continue to receive focus moving forward.

One question around archetypes that Ben discussed is around the rating part, he said a 75 OVR in the right scheme will develop quicker than an 80 OVR which of course makes sense.

However, will they perform better? If you have 100% Offense fit (i.e all players fits the scheme perfectly) will they perform better than a team that doesn't fit their scheme but have higher individual OVR's?

I would expect that to be true else it will be just about finding highest OVR for the scheme rather than fit.

Nothing has been said about reaching 100% scheme fit directly.

A player who fits progresses faster. That's it. They don't get rating bonuses (that would be redundant: a scheme fit should perform better because he fits your scheme. If your outside zone run game is anchored by 350 lb linemen that can't hit a moving target, you might be in trouble).

The best way to think of this is that scheme fits progress faster because that's what your staff is oriented to teach. I imagine in the future they may replace a simplistic overall scheme with position coaches with a specialty type so you can tailor the scheme a lot further.

T4VERTS 06-11-2018 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adembroski (Post 2049386323)
Nothing has been said about reaching 100% scheme fit directly.

A player who fits progresses faster. That's it. They don't get rating bonuses (that would be redundant: a scheme fit should perform better because he fits your scheme. If your outside zone run game is anchored by 350 lb linemen that can't hit a moving target, you might be in trouble).

The best way to think of this is that scheme fits progress faster because that's what your staff is oriented to teach. I imagine in the future they may replace a simplistic overall scheme with position coaches with a specialty type so you can tailor the scheme a lot further.

This. Scheme currently is only a modifier of improved XP for those who fit. I think they didn't want do too much negatively with scheme year 1 until they really see how well it works in the hands of real players.