Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Will announcers say player's names for Custom Draft Classes (/forums/showthread.php?t=933425)

Mauler97 06-11-2018 09:02 AM

Will announcers say player's names for Custom Draft Classes

Like, everyone, I am very excited for Custom Drafts. But, I will be disappointed if the rookies' names are not announced in-game. I could edit rookies names last year but I didn't because we lose the immersion when they say just say "QB is back to throw". Every other sports game has a database of names that announcers say, I'm really hoping this is part of Madden 19.

scitychamps87 06-11-2018 10:37 AM

Re: Will announcers say player's names for Custom Draft Classes

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mauler97 (Post 2049386384)
Like, everyone, I am very excited for Custom Drafts. But, I will be disappointed if the rookies' names are not announced in-game. I could edit rookies names last year but I didn't because we lose the immersion when they say just say "QB is back to throw". Every other sports game has a database of names that announcers say, I'm really hoping this is part of Madden 19.

This is a good question for John White.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app

xCoachDx 06-11-2018 12:16 PM

2K has a ridiculous player name database. I don’t understand why they couldn’t have the same. Does it currently not say any names at all? Like if I made a Clay Rodgers would it pick it up (seeing as both the first and last name are actually already in the game)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PhillyPhanatic14 06-11-2018 12:20 PM

They should do it like Fifa where there is a list of names that you can choose from that have a sound byte recorded. You can create any name you want, but you also get the option to make up a name that has a sound byte and i think that is the way to go.

goillini03 06-11-2018 01:17 PM

This has been a huge issue for me in the past. It really kills immersion.

Mauler97 06-11-2018 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xCoachDx (Post 2049386628)
2K has a ridiculous player name database. I don’t understand why they couldn’t have the same. Does it currently not say any names at all? Like if I made a Clay Rodgers would it pick it up (seeing as both the first and last name are actually already in the game)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For Madden 18;
They don't say the first name. And If you drafted Clay Rodgers, they'd say his last name in game BUT if you were to edit his name at all or change another player's name to Clay Rodgers, they wouldn't and just say the generic "QB back to pass".

This is why I'm concerned about it being in the game, editing removed the last names being said.
They should have full first and last name database that can be edited and mixed all day long and announcers should say both first and last in the game.

oneamongthefence 06-11-2018 04:19 PM

Hell I would take just last names. MLB the show blew me away when I could set it to say my full name. Made it a lot more special.

Sent from my LG-AS993 using Tapatalk

SolidSquid 06-11-2018 04:33 PM

Im gonna guess no