Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Is Normal the New Slow? (/forums/showthread.php?t=933531)

Godgers12 06-13-2018 12:48 PM

Is Normal the New Slow?

Since they removed slow development, does that mean normal is now the new slow, in terms of xp earned? And if so does that mean most players will be quick development, with it taking over as the new normal.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

adembroski 06-13-2018 01:12 PM

Re: Is Normal the New Slow?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godgers12 (Post 2049389430)
Since they removed slow development, does that mean normal is now the new slow, in terms of xp earned? And if so does that mean most players will be quick development, with it taking over as the new normal.

What Ben Haumiller said made it seem that way, but it'll be really odd to have the league populated almost entirely by quicks and "normal" will be relatively rare.

I think it's more likely they just eliminated slow and added a mid-point between Quick and Superstar.

I don't think it's a big deal balance wise, slow was extremely rare.

T4VERTS 06-13-2018 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godgers12 (Post 2049389430)

Normal is still normal as far as rate which XP was earned in 18 into 19, but if your looking on a hierarchy of devs then technically it would be the slowest relative to the others.

As for distribution of the other traits they are much rarer and will be rarer inside the draft classes as well. My understanding is they wanted to lower the amount of Super Star Devs a bit to be more reflective of the real NFL.

jfsolo 06-13-2018 01:27 PM

I think someone also said that Dev traits aren't purchasable anymore, but can still change through accomplishments. Adding in the Olinemen Pro Bowl bug being fixed, getting a Superstar will be the special achievement that it should be.

T4VERTS 06-13-2018 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfsolo (Post 2049389488)
I think someone also said that Dev traits aren't purchasable anymore, but can still change through accomplishments. Adding in the Olinemen Pro Bowl bug being fixed, getting a Superstar will be the special achievement that it should be.

This is correct.

tef 06-13-2018 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfsolo (Post 2049389488)

the Oline pro bowl thing was fixed?

T4VERTS 06-13-2018 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tef (Post 2049389551)
the Oline pro bowl thing was fixed?

Yes, a couple other things too that should be in the dev blog.

Sucram7777 06-13-2018 04:08 PM

I'm liking the increased rarity of the Superstar Development.

I just hope that the CPU's intelligence off the field truly has been improved upon.

The last thing we need is the AI snatching up the only 1 or 2 Superstar Prospects from the draft and just leave them to rot on the bench because they already have that position filled with considerable talent. I feel better knowing that Rookie Superstar RB that could be the next Lynch or Bell goes to a team that desperately needs him and WILL have him out there doing what he's paid to do.

Im in year 3 of my Franchise and I've seen several Susperstar Generated guys that degraded to -Quick simply because they literally only seen like 10 downs that year.

:y9: