Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   RPM Could Be Revolutionary for EA Sports by Simfballcritic (/forums/showthread.php?t=933534)

jpdavis82 06-13-2018 01:20 PM

RPM Could Be Revolutionary for EA Sports by Simfballcritic

https://youtu.be/xEEIaUOiIpo

I will add that in the video made by Hollywood Sports today, he mentions many things the devs told him at EA Play and that they will be adding in addition to more QB signature animations throughout the year, HB and WR signature animations after they finish with the QBs and go from there. He also mentions that the LBs will have animations like you saw in the trailer where they talk and signal to the other defenders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cthurt 06-13-2018 02:02 PM

Re: RPM Could Be Revolutionary for EA Sports by Simfballcritic

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpdavis82 (Post 2049389471)
https://youtu.be/xEEIaUOiIpo

I will add that in the video made by Hollywood Sports today, he mentions many things the devs told him at EA Play and that they will be adding in addition to more QB signature animations throughout the year, HB and WR signature animations after they finish with the QBs and go from there. He also mentions that the LBs will have animations like you saw in the trailer where they talk and signal to the other defenders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This sounds exciting but I recall last year they said the same thing about something as small as td celebrations and I never saw any additions.

SageInfinite 06-13-2018 02:09 PM

Consistency is key, and that is one of Madden's biggest issues. They have to build and expand, and continue to support the tech. I always get the sense that they think things are "good enough" and never build on features of the game.

PhillyPhanatic14 06-13-2018 02:14 PM

Speaking of the sharing- I read somewhere that something they added to M19 was actually developed for Battlefront II. The more they share, the better. It's a shame there's not another EA game that has a sweet Franchise mode that they could drop in here. It's also interesting that Fifa hasn't borrowed Madden's online CFM tech to create an online career mode.

jfsolo 06-13-2018 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cthurt (Post 2049389557)
This sounds exciting but I recall last year they said the same thing about something as small as td celebrations and I never saw any additions.

IMO the amount of new additions will be determined by how buggy the game ends up being on launch and if they are able to fix those bugs in the first big title update without creating new ones. If it's buggy like 18 was, then all the new free piece of immersion that they want to add will get put on hold.

johnnyg713 06-13-2018 06:06 PM

If they are able to add animations, they really need to start thinking about an every other year release. It seems redundant to add to the game in 6 months and also release a new game 6 months after that. You take resources away from both things... JMO

T4VERTS 06-13-2018 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyg713 (Post 2049389951)
If they are able to add animations, they really need to start thinking about an every other year release. It seems redundant to add to the game in 6 months and also release a new game 6 months after that. You take resources away from both things... JMO

NFL Licensing most likely requires them to put it out each year.

XtremeDunkz 06-13-2018 07:11 PM

The main issue I have with Madden is this. Due to the yearly cycle they work to push as many features in each years game as they can, even if they are incomplete. When they add incomplete features, it is accompanied by them saying something like "we can add and build to this in the coming year." However, 9 out of 10 times they completely ignore this feature moving forward in favor of new shiny back of box items. Or even remove the feature outright. This results in the game feeling shallow and incomplete.