Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Madden 19 will bring the community together (/forums/showthread.php?t=933598)

gausec 06-14-2018 07:42 PM

Madden 19 will bring the community together

This madden has the potential to bring the community together in a significantly positive way. With the announcement of draft classes I see this as a great opportunity for roster makers to collaborate to create the most immersive madden experience there is. Prior to customizable draft classes there was very little reason for roster editors to tinker with the actual roster. However, now the community can tailor CFM to their likings. Furthermore, I think schemes and playbooks will be another area where the community can work together to create realistic playbooks like van and others have done in the past.

That being said I hope we all work as a community together rather than compete against each other for downloads. While it may not be plausible to think one roster will work for everyone I hope we can all share any tips or thoughts on roster editing when 19 is up and running!

canes21 06-14-2018 07:52 PM

Re: Madden 19 will bring the community together

This is one aspect I've been excited about since they announced a PC release and customizable draft classes. Finally, if I want, I can potentially mass edit the rosters and really differentiate players and prospects the way I want. I can finally have my type of game where a 75 overall QB is not considered terrible and is actually closer to average. A QB with 75 accuracy is no longer guaranteed 3rd string, but actually average. And I can finally set it up to where incoming draft prospects vary from guys that can contribute day 1 and guys that need time.

We're one step closer to getting Madden to be more sandbox like and that can only be a good thing.

gausec 06-14-2018 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canes21 (Post 2049391311)
This is one aspect I've been excited about since they announced a PC release and customizable draft classes. Finally, if I want, I can potentially mass edit the rosters and really differentiate players and prospects the way I want. I can finally have my type of game where a 75 overall QB is not considered terrible and is actually closer to average. A QB with 75 accuracy is no longer guaranteed 3rd string, but actually average. And I can finally set it up to where incoming draft prospects vary from guys that can contribute day 1 and guys that need time.

We're one step closer to getting Madden to be more sandbox like and that can only be a good thing.

I highly agree, while I have enjoyed years of CFM, I do think madden's prospects overall become over inflated. It became common that 80ish overalls were standard backups.

Madden08PCgmr 06-15-2018 10:35 AM

They're saying no cross-platform... I'm fascinated to see whether or nor an Editor can be built that reads both the PC and console files.

Sure would go a long way toward building something like the Ultimate Base Roster for 2k.

VinnyVegas28 06-15-2018 12:41 PM

Already happening..Ridin who does the OSFM rosters for the show mentioned on Twitter he will be organizing draft classes for Madden! Great news considering the dedication he puts forth

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk

underdog13 06-15-2018 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canes21 (Post 2049391311)

Preach! Hopefully with possible PC editor tools and the draft class editor, I can bring back more of the 90s-early 2000s smashmouth football that I grew up with.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

gausec 06-16-2018 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr (Post 2049391816)
They're saying no cross-platform... I'm fascinated to see whether or nor an Editor can be built that reads both the PC and console files.

Sure would go a long way toward building something like the Ultimate Base Roster for 2k.

This has always blown my mind as well, I figured once loaded on to the server couldn't there be something to convert it?

gausec 06-16-2018 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VinnyVegas28 (Post 2049391967)
Already happening..Ridin who does the OSFM rosters for the show mentioned on Twitter he will be organizing draft classes for Madden! Great news considering the dedication he puts forth

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk

Oh man! I love the baseball rosters that him and company put together! If this madden is done right and the community works together I feel like I may not have to make a madden purchase for a while! Heck NCAA 13 still meets my football needs!