Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Madden 19 PC vs. consoles ... better deal for future? (/forums/showthread.php?t=933754)

apollo1980 06-18-2018 02:11 PM

Madden 19 PC vs. consoles ... better deal for future?

With Madden 19, thoughts on PC vs consoles for future use?

Looking at Madden 08 and all the mods, you have to figure that, eventually mods and rosters will be created to keep it alive longer (short of Madden being made for the PC yearly again)

Thoughts on if this could actually impact console sales?

I may wait until the game is released and get reactions before investing, as I don’t see myself buying 2 or more versions.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

canes21 06-18-2018 02:21 PM

Re: Madden 19 PC vs. consoles ... better deal for future?

My outlook for all gaming is that if I have the option to play it on PC I always will choose the PC version. It's more convenient for me in many ways. There is also the added possibility for mods in the majority of games. They also tend to look better and run much smoother.

If you have the PC to run Madden then I'd say to go that route. If you are the type that prefers consoles and likes to sit on on the couch and play on the big screen and it isn't an option to do that with your PC then you may want to stick with consoles. Fortunately for me and many others here we have our setups to where I have all of my monitors on my desk I can play with and I can easily set it up in under 5 seconds to play on my couch like I was playing on a console.

Madden08PCgmr 06-18-2018 03:04 PM

It will be an interesting year for sure.

Fascinated to see how long it takes to break the roster and other files open.

.. to me, its just not a contest. Too much customization potential for Madden PC. Console simply can't compete unless we can take the tools cross-platform.

Lexicon 06-18-2018 03:07 PM

As long as the team develops worthwhile features that people want year after year, they shouldn't have to worry.

adembroski 06-18-2018 03:32 PM

PC version would be a huge investment for me right now so I'm likely to stick with console for 1 more year.

That said, I'll accelerate my PC upgrade timeline if someone can pull off cracking CFM the way they did Franchise Mode '05-'09. Then I'll find an engineer to help me rebuild franchise mode externally.

Datninja619 06-18-2018 05:08 PM

I traded in my old Xbox one (still have Xbox one s) and Xbox 360 to game stop for $89...it was just collecting dust anyway, now I can use that for my HOF PC edition and pay $15 to play "earlier".

I'm looking forward to experiencing Madden on PC. All bad thing is I'll have no friends to play with hahaha

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Operation Sports mobile app