Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Madden NFL 19: The Full Interview With Producer Ben Haumiller (/forums/showthread.php?t=933761)

Steve_OS 06-18-2018 04:30 PM

Madden NFL 19: The Full Interview With Producer Ben Haumiller

EA Play 2018 happened this past weekend in Hollywood and I was fortunate enough to sit...

Written By: Matt Llewellyn

Click here to view the article.

TheBleedingRed21 06-18-2018 04:40 PM

Re: Madden NFL 19: The Full Interview With Producer Ben Haumiller

Hmm interesting to see him mention changes to a halftime show. Wonder exactly what has changed.

scitychamps87 06-18-2018 04:44 PM

I can't believe a 2k5 style wrap-up show got completely shot down.

We don't need the highlights. Just give us pre-made snapshots or Larry Ridley talking about box scores, trades, playoff pictures, and league leaders. ANYTHING.

I think Ben is a great addition to the franchise team. But, this isn't rocket science. There's common sense ways to get around the technical issues of the "whole loaf" goal so to speak and still give the Sim community a "slice" of happiness.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app

canes21 06-18-2018 04:53 PM

The video highlights aren't what made 2k5 or Choops 2k8's weekly recap shows as great as they were. I skipped the highlights more often than not after seeing them enough times I could tell you where every player went. What made them special was seeing results and stats from each game, seeing major injuries, seeing trade rumors heat up, seeing Cinderella stories come to life and be talked about, etc.

The video highlights were near the bottom of the list if not at the bottom as to why those recap shows were so loved. It's the same thing with Choops 2k8 having a selection show in their legacy. It adds to the immersion. It was exciting to start the selection show and see if you made the tourney or to see if you got that final 1 seed. It was exciting to go from 0-3 to 3-3 in 2k5 and have Chris Berman talk about your team turning it around and surprising some folks. It was great seeing Chris Berman talk about the impact losing Santana Moss would have on the Jets. It was immersive to see everything that was talked about.

If video highlights are what is keeping them from creating a show, then forget about them and create it now! Make this mode come to life finally. A recap show would do wonders for CFM and its lack of immersion.

Cato06 06-18-2018 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canes21 (Post 2049395267)
The video highlights aren't what made 2k5 or Choops 2k8's weekly recap shows as great as they were. I skipped the highlights more often than not after seeing them enough times I could tell you where every player went. What made them special was seeing results and stats from each game, seeing major injuries, seeing trade rumors heat up, seeing Cinderella stories come to life and be talked about, etc.

The video highlights were near the bottom of the list if not at the bottom as to why those recap shows were so loved. It's the same thing with Choops 2k8 having a selection show in their legacy. It adds to the immersion. It was exciting to start the selection show and see if you made the tourney or to see if you got that final 1 seed. It was exciting to go from 0-3 to 3-3 in 2k5 and have Chris Berman talk about your team turning it around and surprising some folks. It was great seeing Chris Berman talk about the impact losing Santana Moss would have on the Jets. It was immersive to see everything that was talked about.

If video highlights are what is keeping them from creating a show, then forget about them and create it now! Make this mode come to life finally. A recap show would do wonders for CFM and its lack of immersion.

This. Even if they just gave us some sort of news hub single page that broke down all the scores (not just a few stories) and key player stats, playoff picture, with screenshots in the background, maybe even a radio voice in the background talking about big games or future games coming up next week.

EA is finally starting to use the word "immersion" when talking franchise, so that in itself might be a positive sign that they are starting to get it. But they really need to take a weekly show into consideration and not shoot it down so quickly. Nothing gets you more immersed than just sitting back and letting a highlight show bring everything to you. I don't even care if its fake highlights, i just want to see

1) team records
2) scores and key player stats
3) upcoming schedule
4) player achievements (milestones,weekly awards, yearly award leaders)
5) college prospects
6) playoff picture
7) injury reports
8) transactions

all in one place.

bigsmallwood 06-18-2018 10:18 PM

Years later and still no real highlights or halftime/postgame/playoff game implications baked into it either. His 2K5 comments were off base as well...but whatever makes them feel like progress has been made in the presentation department.*

goillini03 06-18-2018 10:21 PM

There will never be immersion in Madden. I am now for certain of that fact.

drugsbunny 06-19-2018 05:23 AM

I love how he danced around the questions about halftime and pre-game. I am a little disappointed about the location change teams not being changed.