Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Madden 19.. 1 on 1 tackles need major work (/forums/showthread.php?t=933764)

reeboyfresh23 06-18-2018 05:50 PM

Madden 19.. 1 on 1 tackles need major work

The gang tackles look better.. But the 1on 1 canned animation tackles need major work! Why does every cornerback hit like Ronnie Lot?

NFL teams have gone to the hawk tackle method.. Rugby style tackles introduced by the Seahawks. Every tackle in Madden that only 2 people are involved in is ending up with the ball carrier flat on his back. Please give us people who love defense some love!

We need LOW WRAP UP TACKLES PLEASE! Not just low hit stick tackles. I'm talking low eyes through the thighs wrap up textbook hawk tackling. There's videos on YouTube about hawk tackles if you don't understand.

bigwill33 06-18-2018 05:56 PM

Re: Madden 19.. 1 on 1 tackles need major work

Well stated. The old NCAA series from the late 90's had better canned wrapping tackle animations than current Madden does.

It is quite jarring to play this game and see no regard for momentum or weight in a lot of interactions and collisions. I feel like EA keeps saying that they are working on this and then we sort of end up right back where things were before, somehow.

Holmesx10 06-18-2018 06:04 PM

Madden 19.. 1 on 1 tackles need major work

And maybe slower bruiser backs might actually have a chance to be useful this time around if not every player can just be switched to and tackled button pressed resulting in near 100 percent tackles in open field every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

TarHeelPhenom 06-18-2018 07:22 PM

I still play NCAA 14 and the first thing i always do when i edit a roster is 0 out Hit Power. In that particular game it gets rid of the Road Warrior Hit Stick tackles in favor of really good wrap up tackles. Will probably do the same for Madden.

4thQtrStre5S 06-18-2018 07:34 PM

I am tired of seeing the defensive backs hammering every ball carrier they hit. It takes away the believability of the play at that moment and leads down the path of dissatisfaction with the current game I am playing.

SpectreBugg 06-18-2018 07:57 PM

Couldn't agree more. Between beefed up defenders making big tackles all the time, and user controlled hit sticks, it can sometimes feel like we are playing a 3 on 3 arcade game.

stinkubus 06-18-2018 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holmesx10 (Post 2049395342)
And maybe slower bruiser backs might actually have a chance to be useful this time around if not every player can just be switched to and tackled button pressed resulting in near 100 percent tackles in open field every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Tackles EVERY time? I'll be the first to tell you that the conservative tackle is by far more effective in this game and that you can get guys from up to 3-5 yards away if the player you are using has good TAK ratings, but the AI can spin and juke and those are lethal 1 on 1 unless you've got a MUT defense.

A slow bruiser is almost better than a faster one in this game because the faster backs often out run their blocking, and this is true even if you aren't spamming sprint. You really need to learn how to use the left trigger to slow down if your HB has 90+ SPD. This isn't true for an 85-88 SPD dump truck.

Learn to time the truck stick and win tackle battles and that slow, bruising back will start dragging defenders every single play.