Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   CFM starts (/forums/showthread.php?t=933928)

solmon 06-22-2018 03:11 PM

CFM starts

In years past Madden released late August. Most online CFM leagues waited on official Day 1 rosters.

Madden is available for all on 8/10. What are you guys going to do (online or offline) about CFM starts?

I guess the roster when the games comes out will be Day 1 official preseason?

saintrules 06-22-2018 03:18 PM

Re: CFM starts

I usually like to wait a couple of weeks after season start (Week 3/4) before starting up my CFM.

Reasoning:
1. Major patches/bug glitches are worked out in the first month
2. Rookies/Sophomores are sometimes seriously under/overrated and fixed by then
3. I like watching what other people do in the first few weeks to get ideas on trades/transactions

underdog13 06-22-2018 03:18 PM

Make sure rosters are up to date for 8/10 and then just get at it. No waiting around. Really loving the early release this year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

timhere1970 06-22-2018 03:25 PM

I will pick a team. Sim to the next offseason. Hope to get fired and offered another job. That way i can start as a normal headcoach would instead of first week of preseason. Would love to start year one the day after the super bowl but that is asking way too much.

reyes the roof 06-22-2018 04:02 PM

I always started my cfm on release day. Even if I waited until opening day to get accurate rosters, within a few weeks there will be a ton of turnover and they'll be inaccurate anyway so I don't bother waiting. Especially now that we get 75 man rosters, there is less chance of a key guy being left off the launch day rosters

Hova57 06-22-2018 04:06 PM

My own personal I normally start right away make roster adjustment I see fit and play to get a handle on team..then the 32 man league I'm in normally starts beginning of the season..what's interesting this yr is custom rosters so I think I'll do my first yr a little slower to give roster makers time to make current group and use that for my second season rookies class

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Caveman24 06-22-2018 04:16 PM

Madden league I'm in started last cycle around the 2nd week Madden dropped. We was able to get 10 seasons in!