Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=498)
-   -   NBA 2K18 OFFSEASON ROSTER (feat. 2018 NBA DRAFT CLASS & TRADES) *XBOX ONE* (/forums/showthread.php?t=933948)

bryandfor3 06-22-2018 09:09 PM

NBA 2K18 OFFSEASON ROSTER (feat. 2018 NBA DRAFT CLASS & TRADES) *XBOX ONE*

4 Attachment(s)
NBA 2K18 COMPLETE OFFSEASON ROSTER

BY BryanDfor3

XBOX ONE

File Name: 2K19 ROOKIES+TRADES, & SIGNINGS
Gamertag: BryanDfor3

Hey OS visitors, Bryan here again for the fourth straight year (!!), this time for NBA 2K18 to give details for my offseason roster currently available for download on Xbox One!

I'd like to first thank everyone for supporting my 2018 Draft Class on 2K18 and the continued support of my offseason roster from last year's game! Some things are different here in NBA 2K18's rosters so you'll find most the nitty gritty details & features mentioned in this post.

How to Download:

A) From the main menu in 2K select "Options/Features"

B) Scroll to the right and select "Create Roster" under "Roster Creator"

NOTE: If you do not see a list of community uploaded rosters at this point in time, you are not connected to NBA 2K's server. If you have this problem, troubleshoot the issue on the web, that is strictly a problem with your connection status.

C) Press 'Y' to search by gamertag and type in BryanDfor3

D) Select 2K19 ROOKIES+TRADES, & SIGNINGS

E) Once the roster appears, exit and save the roster under whatever name you'd like (ex. "Cheese")

How to Use in a Quick Game:

F) In Quick Game menu, press the left stick button to load a custom roster

G) Select the roster file you've already downloaded ("Cheese") or follow instructions C-D for the most up-to-date version

IF YOU GET AN ERROR MESSAGE THAT SAYS

"This save file is corrupted, and cannot be loaded."

PLEASE KEEP TRYING TO DOWNLOAD THE FILE. IT HAPPENS TO EVERYONE. I PROMISE THE FILE IS NOT CORRUPT, 2K IS JUST BEING DIFFICULT AND IT MIGHT TAKE A FEW MINUTES OR HOURS TO WORK

Offseason Roster Features:

Accurate Rookies:

If you're familiar with my work, then you know that I take a lot of pride in my rookie ratings. For those who aren't aware, I use prospects' real life college stats to calculate many of their attributes using regression methods (AKA a lot of math). That is to say, something like DeAndre Ayton's rebounding attributes are obtained using a function of his college rebounding percentage statistics. The formulas for these functions have been derived from how NBA 2K rates rookies when NBA 2K first releases.

In addition, I've done my homework on prospects by watching a ton of film on YouTube, the actual NCAA season itself, as well as reading scouting reports from various basketball outlets such as DraftExpress, The Ringer, The Stepien etc., to get a strong feel of players' strengths and weaknesses.

Here in NBA 2K18, the ratings seen in my draft class aren't the same as what you see in the roster. I have decided to manipulate some of my rookie ratings in the roster to account for the role I think players will play in the NBA. For example, Melvin Frazier rated a 75 after my initial scouting & statistical analysis (he's a great athlete & perimeter defender, I promise!!). I manually lowered his intangibles rating from 70 (the default I originally used for every rookie) to drop his rating down to a 73 OVR, which I think is a bit more suitable.

I'd say that if you disagree or want to change any player's OVR rating in my roster, the intangibles rating should be your go-to to accomplish that, since that won't compromise a player's actual on-court abilities.

With that being said, I am missing nine rookies who were drafted at this point in time (06/22). It's very possible if you're reading this after 06/22 that some of these players have already been added to the roster, but at the moment, I'm missing the following players:

Spoiler

Players I created who went undrafted, but did not sign with a team (ex. LiAngelo Ball) can be found in the free agent pool.

FREQUENT Updates:

I'd like to also emphasize that this roster is not a finished product (unless you are reading this in September). The roster will stay updated with every trade that happens during this offseason, as well as every free agent signing, in a timely fashion. Please bear in mind there are some days I might not be near my Xbox, but I am always in the loop about NBA transactions and will complete any necessary roster moves as soon as possible. If I miss anything (especially new jersey numbers), PLEASE alert me via Twitter (@BryanDfor3), and check my Twitter for updates on any activity I'm currently involved in on the roster.

[07/15 EDIT: TO SEE EVERY MOVE I'VE DONE IN THE ROSTER AND THOSE THAT I'M STILL MISSING, VISIT tinyurl.com/Bryan2K18Updates]

NBA teams in 2K can only hold 15 non two-way players at a time, so many unrestricted free agents will be found in the free agent pool instead of their 17-18 team. Some of the bigger names will remain on their team until they are moved

Updated Contracts:

The roster also has the up-to-date contracts and will show fresh contracts for players who get signed during the offseason. Currently, all 1st round rookies that are on a roster have a projected rookie contract applied to them. In addition, all non-rookie player have a year removed from their contract, and their "Years Pro" increased by 1 (where 2K has allowed it). Player ages are updated automatically in NBA 2K, so I did not change those for existing players. I manually changed the vitals of my rookies who are aged 19 or younger, to have birth dates on September 30th, 1998, because that is the youngest age that 2K allows...I personally thought having the accurate age in years versus the accurate birth date would be more important, especially with player development/aging in MyLEAGUE (07/15 EDIT: AGES HAVE BEEN INCREASED BY ONE YEAR SINCE MYLEAGUE REMOVES A YEAR FROM THE AGE)

No Changes to Existing NBA Players:

To preserve the gameplay that 2K fans have been become accustomed to over the course of the year, no changes will be made to the ratings, signatures, or badges of non-rookie players in the roster (although I was VERY tempted this year...DeJounte Murray made the All-Defensive Second Team and only has a 65 OBDIQ!!! :brickwall)

Other Notes:
  • This roster is injury-free, almost mimicking a launch day roster in 2K. Any injuries sustained in the offseason will not be reflected in the roster

• My 2019 Draft Class will complement this roster for use in MyLEAGUE. As of 06/22 it's still incomplete, but it will certainly be coming soon

• Nick Collison has been deleted from the roster (retired)

If anyone has any questions or concerns about the roster, Twitter is always the best way to contact me and gain additional insight. Thanks for downloading and enjoy!

-Bryan

My Twitter: twitter.com/BryanDfor3
My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/BryanDfor3

Teleo 06-22-2018 09:25 PM

Re: NBA 2K18 OFFSEASON ROSTER (feat. 2018 NBA DRAFT CLASS & TRADES) *XBOX ONE*

Great stuff man! Have the draft picks that were traded during the draft reflected in this roster such as ATL receiving DALLAS 2019 protected 1-4 pick?

bryandfor3 06-22-2018 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teleo (Post 2049400888)
Great stuff man! Have the draft picks that were traded during the draft reflected in this roster such as ATL receiving DALLAS 2019 protected 1-4 pick?

Great question...unfortunately, I don't have the power to change that, so teams have their same draft picks as before the start of the Playoffs. I think you'd have to command all teams in a MyLEAGUE and make the appropriate draft pick trades yourself in order to accomplish that

Dhacker 06-22-2018 11:46 PM

was just checking out the roster and saw hamidou diallo isn’t on the thunder (traded from nets to thunder) and svi mykhailiuk should be from kansas not kentucky. just trying to help, looks great otherwise!!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

CaptainDork 06-22-2018 11:53 PM

Thank you for your work on the roster. Keep doing what your doing.

tbread28 06-23-2018 07:51 AM

Let us know when you create those 9 rookies left. Your roster looks amazing as of right now? Are you still working on your 2019 draft class?

bryandfor3 06-23-2018 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dhacker (Post 2049401043)
was just checking out the roster and saw hamidou diallo isn’t on the thunder (traded from nets to thunder) and svi mykhailiuk should be from kansas not kentucky. just trying to help, looks great otherwise!!

Must've read the trade wrong haha I had him as being traded to Charlotte for some reason...and this is the second time you've caught Svi's college being incorrect lol but both issues have been fixed!

bryandfor3 06-23-2018 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainDork (Post 2049401050)
Thank you for your work on the roster. Keep doing what your doing.

Thanks man, will do!!