Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Madden NFL 19 Rookie Ratings (/forums/showthread.php?t=934359)

sphinxnole 07-05-2018 12:28 PM

Re: Madden NFL 19 Rookie Ratings

Anyone comparing these guys favorably to Winston is a little confused. Winston lost 1 I repeat 1 game in college after winning 25+ in a row, now which one of these QB’s even came close to that..??

Madden08PCgmr 07-05-2018 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F17 (Post 2049414992)
Luck took the Colts to 11-5 seasons, with what was essentially a dumpster fire. As soon as he isnt there the team becomes a joke again. Andrew Luck might not get the awards, or the adulation he deserves. But in terms of a true MVP in the NFL it is him.

Luck V Rodgers is a great debate when the two are healthy.. hopefully Luck gets right again. The QB situation around the League is pretty dire, and losing one of their A-listers is a big blow with Brady and Brees nearing their end.

.. Wilson has also carried a pretty lousy offense since Lynch moved on. And that won't change with that D seemingly on the slide.

canes21 07-05-2018 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sphinxnole (Post 2049415241)
Anyone comparing these guys favorably to Winston is a little confused. Winston lost 1 I repeat 1 game in college after winning 25+ in a row, now which one of these QB’s even came close to that..??

I guess Ken Dorsey really is leagues ahead of all of these guys.

mercalnd 07-05-2018 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canes21 (Post 2049415457)
I guess Ken Dorsey really is leagues ahead of all of these guys.

Didn't you know? That's why he hardly played in the NFL at all. Too good for the league and he got bored and retired.

khaliib 07-05-2018 04:58 PM

Heres a still from Bengals EA Play Draft Class video

This gives an idea of the OVR levels players are generated at before any scheme fit is applied against them.

One thing I’ve done in past CFM’s is use the AWR to fluff the OVR which increases the contract value that is signed via the AI
- I just Sim the Draft

In M18, I still saw some gaudy contract values with 79 OVR QB’s
- $98 mil; $40 mil sign bonus

manEATgod 07-06-2018 06:16 PM

Reading this thread and it's clear just how hard a job it is to assign ratings. Even when people agree the ratings are wrong, they differ on whether or not it should be higher or lower.

It's hard to fault the developers for the rookie ratings when no one else can come to a consensus.

I mean some of the stuff being written in here is just flat out false, its almost like some of you never watched these guys play in college. Yet you think others(including the people doing the rating) are wrong.

solmon 07-06-2018 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manEATgod (Post 2049416704)
Reading this thread and it's clear just how hard a job it is to assign ratings. Even when people agree the ratings are wrong, they differ on whether or not it should be higher or lower.

It's hard to fault the developers for the rookie ratings when no one else can come to a consensus.

I mean some of the stuff being written in here is just flat out false, its almost like some of you never watched these guys play in college. Yet you think others(including the people doing the rating) are wrong.

I agree with this. If the *entire community agreed "whoa, X player is rated way too low" or there was some clear pattern, then maybe I would understand. However, that's not even close to reality. One person thinks Lamar's accuracy is way high, others way low. Same with Baker's THP or X persons speed etc etc etc.

I am in the camp of desiring less players in the 90+ range, especially 95+....but there's a guy on this thread who probabaly totally disagrees ha.

I don't envy people focused on ratings for sports video games...tough crowd.