Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Madden NFL 19 Rookie Ratings (/forums/showthread.php?t=934359)

T4VERTS 07-03-2018 01:17 PM

Re: Madden NFL 19 Rookie Ratings

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfsolo (Post 2049412710)
I'm not qualified to make a judgement about it one way or another, but it is interesting to me that the Madden ratings guys think that Mayfield is that much ahead of Darnold right now.

Remember that the archetype controls the way the overalls are formulated. If you look at Lamar Jackson being a 79 you really quickly see his throwing stats actually aren't that good, but under mobile QB archetype his physical attributes being so high boosts him in overall. I think the days of OVR as a representation of value are numbered because of the archetype system.

underdog13 07-03-2018 01:19 PM

I really know next to nothing about these guys, but I'll be sure to take a hard stance either way.

These ratings suck!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

goillini03 07-03-2018 01:35 PM

One of the toughest parts of the ratings guy’s job is rookies. Hype has to be built and they have to do a ton of speculating. Last year soured me a bit when I saw the Cowboys rookies all rated high, but I also understand that there is a balance that lives in the hype/speculation portion.

mattjames2010 07-03-2018 01:47 PM

I hate Madden's rating system with a passion. I can't wait until overalls are removed from the game one day.

mattjames2010 07-03-2018 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goillini03 (Post 2049412823)
One of the toughest parts of the ratings guy’s job is rookies. Hype has to be built and they have to do a ton of speculating. Last year soured me a bit when I saw the Cowboys rookies all rated high, but I also understand that there is a balance that lives in the hype/speculation portion.

Well, they should get rid of overalls in general - it's not just Madden, but sports games in general. It removes unpredictability from the game which is attempting to emulate a real sport.

The moment you draft a player in Madden, despite the changing "slow to superstar" development - you can pretty much predict how that player will turn out.

Overalls are junk and have no place in sports games.

PhillyPhanatic14 07-03-2018 01:51 PM

Thank you for posting links straight to EA instead of an OS article about the EA articles. Can't stand that trend that someone at OS thought was a good idea to start... OS is starting to become the bleacher report of sports websites with these 2nd hand articles

PhillyPhanatic14 07-03-2018 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T4VERTS (Post 2049412802)
Remember that the archetype controls the way the overalls are formulated. If you look at Lamar Jackson being a 79 you really quickly see his throwing stats actually aren't that good, but under mobile QB archetype his physical attributes being so high boosts him in overall. I think the days of OVR as a representation of value are numbered because of the archetype system.

His accuracy numbers are WAY higher than they should be. Anyone who watched him in college should see that.

T4VERTS 07-03-2018 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14 (Post 2049412847)
His accuracy numbers are WAY higher than they should be. Anyone who watched him in college should see that.

I'm not saying they are too low or high respective to his talent, but to QB's in general. My point was OVR is not what it is cracked up to be.