Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Madden NFL 19 Rookie Ratings (/forums/showthread.php?t=934359)

jfsolo 07-03-2018 03:53 PM

Re: Madden NFL 19 Rookie Ratings

Quote:

Originally Posted by UFCMPunk (Post 2049413024)
I think my main concern looking at these ratings is whether or not the AI will try to replace Mayfield, Rosen, Jackson, Darnold and Allen with a first round QB in year two.

The AI has seemingly knew the OVRs and even though the Bears had Trubisky, the AI in Madden drafted a first round QB because they had a higher OVR than Trubisky thus he was deemed replaceable by the Madden AI. We had to tinker with the ratings of rookie quarterbacks to ensure the AI drafted another position. I know with custom draft classes this will help as we can control the ratings but if you don't use custom draft classes and use the default, then this may still be a problem.

This was one of the things I mentioned for people to look at in the beta suggestions thread. I hope it got some attention, because you're right that with the way that Madden has been tuned lately, Darnold and Allen are in great danger of being drafted over in the first year, and being relegated to career backup in practically every solo CFM across the world that doesn't have Users controlling those teams. Jackson, Rosen, and especially Mayfield(being over an 80) have better chances.

saintrules 07-03-2018 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UFCMPunk (Post 2049413024)
I think my main concern looking at these ratings is whether or not the AI will try to replace Mayfield, Rosen, Jackson, Darnold and Allen with a first round QB in year two.

The AI has seemingly knew the OVRs and even though the Bears had Trubisky, the AI in Madden drafted a first round QB because they had a higher OVR than Trubisky thus he was deemed replaceable by the Madden AI. We had to tinker with the ratings of rookie quarterbacks to ensure the AI drafted another position. I know with custom draft classes this will help as we can control the ratings but if you don't use custom draft classes and use the default, then this may still be a problem.

This is a massive issue & one that severely killed my immersion in last year's game, as well as '17.

Time and time again I watched the Browns draft QB after QB after QB in the first or second round, all rated somewhere between 75-81 in OVR. By year 6 or so, the Browns had four QB's that could have easily been starting for multiple franchises, only to ride the pine because the AI was too dumb enough to trade them. In fact, the AI would actually RESIGN these guys instead of dumping them into FA.

What I don't understand is how they have not worked the AI smart enough to recognize prospects or talent beyond their OVR. I've watched the Steelers draft Josh Allen in the past, labeled as a (80) OVR prospect, yet they snag Blake Bortles in FA, a (81) OVR, and start Bortles, for the duration of his contract, EVEN THOUGH THEY GO 5-11 AND ALLEN HAS SUPERSTAR DEVELOPMENT!

khaliib 07-03-2018 04:30 PM

There’s a lot of ratings functionality in these rating releases, that’s the only reason I like reading them.

They give an idea at the macro level of how the rating will work which really helps to give some understanding towards towards their use dealing with player character/ability etc...

Just wanted to throw this out there.
Some valuable gameplay info has been passed through these releases.

MoneyOvaHuds 07-03-2018 04:52 PM

Anthony Miller underrated prob should be around tied for 3rd best overall rookie WR. He doesn’t have any weakness and him and Ridley prob the two best route runners in the draft.

Nice to see Roquan getting loved

MoneyOvaHuds 07-03-2018 04:53 PM

Josh Allen and Jackson prob have the strongest arms by far in this draft. Allen has Cutler like cannon

brandonc1979 07-03-2018 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ehh (Post 2049413039)
Seeing Jets fans react to Darnold's rating will be fun.

Jets fans are used to getting little to no love in Madden. Hard to muster even fake outrage when you are expecting it. LOL But yes, I was disappointed, especially when compared to Jackson and Mayfield. I figured Rosen would be the highest rated since EVERYONE says he is the most NFL ready QB.

adembroski 07-03-2018 06:35 PM

They gotta get those numbers up. Those are rookie numbers.

scitychamps87 07-03-2018 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ehh (Post 2049413039)
Seeing Jets fans react to Darnold's rating will be fun.

Jets fans should be fine with his ratings being "low". He really likes to throw it to the other team. Perfect model for a Jets QB.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app