Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   No Assist On, Why Do User Controlled Players Move On Their On (/forums/showthread.php?t=934626)

jahswill 07-08-2018 07:30 PM

No Assist On, Why Do User Controlled Players Move On Their On

It's been very frustrating in Madden, the past few years. But it's been a bit ridculous in 18. I'm talking about games vs the AI. At the snap, I usually have a good idea where the play may go. But my user controlled player just moves in his own direction. User controlled players should not be moving without my input, unless I have assist on or maybe on the lower levels. Not on All Madden. I miss the days of user control. EA plesae put user control back into Madden.

CM Hooe 07-08-2018 08:44 PM

Re: No Assist On, Why Do User Controlled Players Move On Their On

If you are playing on All Madden difficulty (or on All Pro difficulty and not holding LB / L1, which is a movement assist button), then there is no movement assist on defense. If you are playing on Pro or lower, there will always be a CPU movement assist on defense.

DJ 07-09-2018 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CM Hooe (Post 2049418891)
If you are playing on All Madden difficulty (or on All Pro difficulty and not holding LB / L1, which is a movement assist button), then there is no movement assist on defense. If you are playing on Pro or lower, there will always be a CPU movement assist on defense.

It's there on All-Pro, as I've seen what the OP is talking about and I have everything set to manual control. I play as a MLB (player-lock) and I'll get steered away from the play or where I want to move. It doesn't happen all of the time, I will say.

jahswill 07-09-2018 10:18 AM

I play exclusively on All Madden. I'm 100% positive that my user controlled player gets steered in other directions. Maybe the safeties don't have this problem, but LB, DL definitely are steered at the snap. I don't use assist nor do I hold left bumper at the snap. Alot of times they steer me right into a block.

cooper417 07-09-2018 03:04 PM

Basically the way the game works, the CPU controls the guy you have selected until you press the left stick to move them. So if you are on a LB or DL, if you don't input movement at the time of the snap they will be auto-controlled until you do so.
Same if you switch control of players, the player you switch to will be cpu controlled until you input any player movement.

I sort of use the CPU control when switching to a DB until I can see who it gives me control of for a second, then I move them manually on my own.

And none of this CPU control matters whether you have it on Pro or All-Madden. I mostly play AM and this is how it has worked for a few years that I remember.

It's likely you aren't moving your player fast enough post-snap and the CPU is taking a step or 2 with them until you are inputting movement.

jahswill 07-09-2018 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper417 (Post 2049419660)
Basically the way the game works, " the CPU controls the guy you have selected until you press the left stick to move them." So if you are on a LB or DL, if you don't input movement at the time of the snap they will be auto-controlled until you do so.
Same if you switch control of players, the player you switch to will be cpu controlled until you input any player movement.

I sort of use the CPU control when switching to a DB until I can see who it gives me control of for a second, then I move them manually on my own.

And none of this CPU control matters whether you have it on Pro or All-Madden. I mostly play AM and this is how it has worked for a few years that I remember.

It's likely you aren't moving your player fast enough post-snap and the CPU is taking a step or 2 with them until you are inputting movement.

I usually hold the left analog stick before the snap to prevent that from happening. But sometimes the cpu will still move my man. But the part in quotations is exactly what I mean, why should the CPU control my man because I didn't move him. It's all Madden, I don't need the cpu moving my man period. Sometimes I want to take a 1/2 second to decipher the play before I move. I understand that happening after switching men.

4thQtrStre5S 07-09-2018 11:02 PM

I have witnessed my LB move on its own, even as I attempt to control him at the snap. Seems to always conveniently push or pull me out of a hole which allows for a solid running play.

jahswill 07-10-2018 06:04 AM

Just to be clear, I'm no Madden basher. I love video games, especially football. I just want the games to get better. If I wanted the CPU contolling my players, I would play coach mode. The more user control, the better.