Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Short Video Cowboys vs Panthers All Madden (/forums/showthread.php?t=934825)

l8knight1 07-12-2018 05:50 PM

Short Video Cowboys vs Panthers All Madden

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY8CXNtGvDo&t=323s

Nothing to get too excited about, looks like EA Play build, but what do I know. Incomplete pass to Beasley early on looked pretty bad. Gameplay looks choppy, in terms of animations.

GoJags904 07-12-2018 09:35 PM

Re: Short Video Cowboys vs Panthers All Madden

My biggest issue, or better yet concern, with madden is gameplay and player movement. It's close, but the running and ball carrier moves need to be smoothed out more. I also noticed, from tackle to whistle, plays stop extremely fast; which is why game speed and time are completely out of sync.

A tackle in live football is not a quick interaction at all times. The refs also dont blow plays dead immediately, especially when the tackle is a gang tackle up the middle and In space. Also, on most passes, the ball may hit the ground while a second or two will tick off before the play blows dead. If madden can somehow recreate this in gameplay, we can get realistic play counts in true 15min quarters.

RPM can be the foundation for player movement in terms of matching yardage picked up per step. Currently, players are at full speed immediately at button press and that needs to be either tuned, or movement animations need to be added to replicate locomotion when slowing down and re-accelerating. Idk with madden, I really dont; but that's my rant and 2 cents about adding more realism and immersion to the gameplay.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

jmarcguy 07-13-2018 09:27 PM

Re: Short Video Cowboys vs Panthers All Madden

I only pop in every so often. Has anyone said whether the speed of players getting up to the line of scrimmage has been addressed?

This game looks decent. I have 17. Skipped 18. I'm just waiting for something that really impresses.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports