Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   What rating are you most annoyed at? (/forums/showthread.php?t=934934)

mrcsch 07-14-2018 10:52 PM

What rating are you most annoyed at?

With the entirety of Madden 19's ratings released for the communities viewing, what are you most annoyed at? There seems to be a bit of complaining about them, and I'd like to know what individual ratings you disagree with. Note that I say rating as well, not overall. An example of a good reply would be something like is; "Tom Brady's throw power is overblown, he doesn't deserve a 96, a 91-94 would be more realistic." Something similar to this. Note your player, your specific rating(s), and what you believe the rating should be, lower or higher. By making this thread I am not bashing Madden in any way, the games look good, and over the last few days, my interest in buying has definitely increased. I just thought this would be a nice thread to make.

solmon 07-14-2018 11:29 PM

Re: What rating are you most annoyed at?

Christian Kirk's lack of elite AGI / ELU / JKM etc. He proved how special he is for 3 years...nothing special OOB in Madden 19.

mrcsch 07-14-2018 11:34 PM

Here's three rookies.

Lamar Jackson: In comparison to another Lamar, Lamar Miller, both have the same speed rating, at a 91. I don't like this. Lamar Miller is six years older and over ten lbs. heavier. Lamar Miller also ran his forty-yard dash about six years ago, and ran a 4.40. Which is good, but that was six years ago. Lamar is rumored to have ran a 4.34, and I don't doubt that he could. I believe that Lamar should be around a 92-94 speed.

Saquon Barkley: Dude's a beast, and I definitely think his strength should be higher. Coming from someone who enjoys lifting and weight training, Saquon's strength is no joke. Google him throwing out the first pitch at a baseball game, look at that man's quads. He has the same strength rating as Big Ben, who is about five inches taller and somehow close in weight. Saquon's height mixed with his weight, mixed with what I've seen him do, should definitely boost his strength. I personally believe an 84 or an 85 would be good.

Baker Mayfield: I'm not gonna do too much elaborating. Baker's speed should be just a tad lower, 78-79 would be good. Throw power is a bit too high, 92-94 would be good.

Josh Allen: I don't know why, but for some reason I feel like Allen's awareness should be lower. 57-59 would be good to me. Strength should maybe be around a 74-76. I don't like giving out 99's, especially to rookies. So maybe lower his throw power maybe a point, it's just a point, but I personally just don't like perfect ratings too much.

adembroski 07-15-2018 12:00 AM

There hasn't been a 100 rating since Devin Hester's speed. If ever there was a player that deserved it, it's Josh Allen's THP. He generates 20% greater release velocity than Brett Favre. He literally has the strongest arm in the history of strength or arms.

Carson Wentz's TUP. His completion percentage was indeed not very good, and that appears to be what Kane went off of, but Wentz's under pressure throws were far deeper, on average, that anyone else. He took shots when he was under pressure, and he averaged 15 yards per attempt, had 8 TDs and 1 INT in these situations. Wentz throws damn well under pressure, but because he takes shots, his completion percentage is low. For the record, I gave this feedback to Kane and he said it's fixed for roster update 1.

DeForest Buckner's strength. There are very few DTs with greater strength than Buckner, that's really his game, and why he generates so much pressure. His technique is lacking, so he doesn't get home very often.

DeuceDouglas 07-15-2018 12:16 AM

Not really annoyed but I feel like Kareem Hunt's break tackle should be higher. It's by far the best part of his game and he was ranked number one last year by both PFF and Football Outsiders in terms of broken tackles. He also broke as many tackles in his first 7 games as Ezekiel Elliott did in his entire rookie season on almost 200 less carries. Is what it is though and 88 is still pretty good.

stinkubus 07-15-2018 12:28 AM

I'm annoyed by the existence of the OVR rating. It's an arbitrary number that conveys no meaningful information in all but the most trivial of cases. Worse yet to get players to the OVR number they "should" be at other ratings, which we know for a fact have a significant impact on gameplay, must be artificially manipulated. As we are seeing yet again it also causes endless controversy with the user base.

I also get annoyed by the existence of redundant ratings like STR. There's absolutely no need for a strength rating. That a player possesses adequate strength is implied by any number of other ratings, like PMV and BSH for DL. If player isn't strong enough to shed a block then just give them a bad BSH rating.

Then there's the nebulous and ill defined ratings like AWR. I'm not even certain this has any impact on the field if you actually play your games. I completely ignore it when developing players in franchise, and I'm convinced my team is better off for it. Why waste XP on AWR when I can dump it into things that I *know* make a difference like ZCV, BSH, PMV, FMV, RTE, etc?

briz1046 07-15-2018 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stinkubus (Post 2049426358)

I also get annoyed by the existence of redundant ratings like STR. There's absolutely no need for a strength rating. That a player possesses adequate strength is implied by any number of other ratings, like PMV and BSH for DL. If player isn't strong enough to shed a block then just give them a bad BSH rating.

Then there's the nebulous and ill defined ratings like AWR. I'm not even certain this has any impact on the field if you actually play your games. I completely ignore it when developing players in franchise, and I'm convinced my team is better off for it. Why waste XP on AWR when I can dump it into things that I *know* make a difference like ZCV, BSH, PMV, FMV, RTE, etc?

You should ask adembroski or even Khalib about this , pretty sure they could/Will give you a detailed answer , but I'm pretty sure AWR has major effects at least for OFF players not user controlled

BChristensen75 07-15-2018 12:39 AM

Chandler Jones in general. He has been a top 5 edge rusher for 4-5 years now

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports