Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   Would you like replace these classic teams for new ones (/forums/showthread.php?t=935014)

Thetruth11 07-17-2018 12:16 AM

Would you like replace these classic teams for new ones

The classic jordan bulls has 6 teams total
Would you rather replace 3 of the bulls teams and the 71 Lakers for new classic teams.
The bulls teams that would be replaced are
88-89 90-91 and 97-98

Potential replacements are playoff rosters
2016 Cavaliers
2009 Lakers
2009 Jazz
2013 Brooklyn Nets
2015 Clippers
And more

Young Coaches 07-17-2018 12:26 AM

Re: Would you like replace these classic teams for new ones

Absolutely not! Love the 2008 Nuggets, if they add 2007 DPOY 07, 08 1st team all defense Marcus Camby on the all time nuggets I’ll be leading the leaderboards this time.

Can’t wait to see what Michael Porter Jr will bring and the addition of Nursuf Jokic.

Iverson, Melo, English, Vandeweghe, Camby, Mutombo, Issel, Jorkic, Porter Jr, Billups, and some more purple badges, we’ll be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thetruth11 07-17-2018 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Young Coaches (Post 2049428539)
Absolutely not! Love the 2008 Nuggets, if they add 2007 DPOY 07, 08 1st team all defense Marcus Camby on the all time nuggets I’ll be leading the leaderboards this time.

Can’t wait to see what Michael Porter Jr will bring and the addition of Nursuf Jokic.

Iverson, Melo, English, Vandeweghe, Camby, Mutombo, Issel, Jorkic, Porter Jr, Billups, and some more purple badges, we’ll be good.

Bro what are you even talking about

Sent from my SM-G920T using Operation Sports mobile app

Young Coaches 07-17-2018 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thetruth11 (Post 2049428542)
Bro what are you even talking about

I agree with replacing the Lakers & Bulls. Those additions are right on the money.

Sorry to plug my all time Nuggs. I’ve been working w/ 5 purple badges all year long going against the 34 purple badge all time lakers AND all time warriors, OKC, Spurs at 26 purple badges. At 10th overall, I’m probably the only player w/o any those particular teams as my most used [emoji28]

Thetruth11 07-17-2018 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Young Coaches (Post 2049428547)
I agree with replacing the Lakers & Bulls. Those additions are right on the money.

Sorry to plug my all time Nuggs. I’ve been working w/ 5 purple badges all year long going against the 34 purple badge all time lakers AND all time warriors, OKC, Spurs at 26 purple badges. At 10th overall, I’m probably the only player w/o any those particular teams as my most used [emoji28]

I'm undefeated with my clippers 50 and 0 I get tired of abusing deandre Jordan though.
The toughest team to beat is the pelicans and pistons

daveberg 07-17-2018 03:36 AM

Outside of the 2009 Lakers, nope. Not ONE bit.

Utah who?
Brooklyn who?
Lob who?

Wouldn't class any of those 3 as 'Classic' in the slightest.

Cowboyfan_19 07-18-2018 04:57 AM

Is this argument really still going on from the other thread?

If 2k wants to add those teams that aren't even 10 years old to what we already have, fine, but we don't need to remove any of the classic teams pre-2000 in favor of some of these modern ones. We've already lost the '85 76ers, now we want to get rid of 3 more?

I understand younger kids in general are appreciating older teams less and less as the years go by & dislike them because they actually have to strategize & can't win w/o 5 shooters on the court at once, but the truth is there are plenty of guys who respect the classics and don't want to see them go anywhere.

Junior Moe 07-18-2018 06:26 AM

No. My feelings on the classic teams is that we have enough. Only exception being a Barkley or Miller team. Neither of which are likely. Otherwise, 2K just needs to focus in refining the experience of playing with the ones we have.

Continue to improve the faces, add more signature stuff; improve the arenas or at the very least add generic arenas from different periods (like a 60s arena with no 3 point line and tables instead of the ad displays) 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s; let us edit short length and era filters.

Finally, add straggler great players (like Grant Hill) who might not have a team great/interesting enough to warrant a full squad to the all time teams. That way we can do the leg work and create specific teams we may like. That's it.