Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports UFC (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=535)
-   -   Scoring Bias (/forums/showthread.php?t=935351)

Papadoc60 07-23-2018 01:11 PM

Scoring Bias

Round scoring is biased in favor of striking currently. There is very little if any points scored for takedowns and controlled time and damage is the most important thing to look at. The problem with this is that it's much easier to land damage on the feet vs on the ground and it's still not easy to take the fight there. Two players of equal skill level on the ground can likely stall and cause a standup before any significant damage occurs. There are so many facets of this game where grappling is made to be insignificant by comparison to striking and it has only changed slightly since the first patch.

If the scoring is meant to reflect the new rules where damage is more important, it should also include 10-8 grappling rounds. Yes, I'm talking about the rounds where your opponent gets 4 minutes of control time and outlands you 50 strikes to 3. That's a 10-8 round and it should be in this game. Can we also make control time and takedowns less pointless for scoring? If you're landing 3-4 takedowns in a round and you get several minutes of control time it should amount to something

To sum it up:

1. 10-8 Grappling rounds

2. Make takedowns and control time more significant scoring factors, as of now they seem useless and people wise to the scoring can attest to this

3. Note how easy it is to score on the feet vs on the ground and consider the additional penalty of takedowns and control time not being relevant

MacGowan 07-23-2018 01:56 PM

Re: Scoring Bias

How about making TDs easier, and making grappling strikes do more damage.

Boiler569 07-23-2018 03:40 PM

Def. agree that ground control; transitions; and GnP need to be worth more in the judge's eyes.

Yes I know, DAMAGE is most important, and it should be.

But I've had fights where the damage was almost identical --- striking stats were nearly identical ---- could have been a split decision either way in that regard -----

except I was also 4/8 on takedowns with 5+ minutes of control time over 3 rounds, and opponent had no TDs or control time, only a couple successful escapes/stand-ups.

I end up losing 29/28 on all 3 cards

Yea Yea don't leave it to the judges :)

But it really seems that takedowns & control time have very little impact on the scoring, would love to see some 10/8 grappling rounds or other ideas come to fruition as well

Poulpy 07-23-2018 07:18 PM

The problem is in real fight, guys do a lot of damage from guard or half guard.
See struve face with only few short punch..

In UFC you can only land baby punches who do what.. 1 or 2 pts of damage ? vs 50 for stand up strike..

Thetruth11 07-24-2018 02:57 AM

The problem is the string and grappling stamina system

Sent from my SM-G920T using Operation Sports mobile app

RomeroXVII 07-24-2018 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papadoc60 (Post 2049436787)
Round scoring is biased in favor of striking currently. There is very little if any points scored for takedowns and controlled time and damage is the most important thing to look at. The problem with this is that it's much easier to land damage on the feet vs on the ground and it's still not easy to take the fight there. Two players of equal skill level on the ground can likely stall and cause a standup before any significant damage occurs. There are so many facets of this game where grappling is made to be insignificant by comparison to striking and it has only changed slightly since the first patch.

If the scoring is meant to reflect the new rules where damage is more important, it should also include 10-8 grappling rounds. Yes, I'm talking about the rounds where your opponent gets 4 minutes of control time and outlands you 50 strikes to 3. That's a 10-8 round and it should be in this game. Can we also make control time and takedowns less pointless for scoring? If you're landing 3-4 takedowns in a round and you get several minutes of control time it should amount to something

To sum it up:

1. 10-8 Grappling rounds

2. Make takedowns and control time more significant scoring factors, as of now they seem useless and people wise to the scoring can attest to this

3. Note how easy it is to score on the feet vs on the ground and consider the additional penalty of takedowns and control time not being relevant

On top of that, if your opponent stages a comeback in the 3rd and manages to make it a 10-8 round despite you winning the first two rounds, they will win the fight instead of there being a draw.

RomeroXVII 07-24-2018 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poulpy (Post 2049437275)
The problem is in real fight, guys do a lot of damage from guard or half guard.
See struve face with only few short punch..

In UFC you can only land baby punches who do what.. 1 or 2 pts of damage ? vs 50 for stand up strike..

Elbows do a great amount of damage in half guard, I love it.

Poulpy 07-24-2018 06:28 AM

I dont think a Guy can take 3 or 4 elbow like we see in the game without being finished.

For now, only back mount flat is really good for finish but only because your opponent is frozen.