Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Digital Download (/forums/showthread.php?t=935624)

ChampIsHere42 07-27-2018 08:22 PM

Digital Download

I called GameStop and asked if I preordered the game for PS4 if I could preload it now so when it is released I don’t have to download it. They told me yes..Is this true?

OhMrHanky 07-27-2018 08:28 PM

Digital Download

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChampIsHere42 (Post 2049443644)
I called GameStop and asked if I preordered the game for PS4 if I could preload it now so when it is released I don’t have to download it. They told me yes..Is this true?

Hmm, at first, I thought to respond, ‘of course. U can always download pre-orders early.’ But, then I got to thinking.

1. Did u buy a digital edition? The only reason I ask is u say u were at GameStop. So, it’s possible you bought a physical edition, pre-order, but also want to install early? If so, I don’t know.

But, if you pre-order a digital edition, u should be able to download early. I’m an Xbox guy, btw, so maybe I don’t know what I’m talking about. [emoji6]. But, I’ve heard people on these forums over the last few years talking about downloading early on PS4, specifically, so u should be able to.

I pre-ordered on Xbox and already have the full game downloaded (minus day one patch, of course).

Edit: lol. I now see your title was ‘Digital Download’, so yes, u can download early. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BleedGreen710 07-27-2018 08:45 PM

Re: Digital Download

when you preorder make sure you pick the digital delivery version.

from the gamestop website "This product is available for immediate purchase. After your order is placed, the download code and redemption instructions will appear on the order confirmation page.

Links to your code and download instructions will also be emailed to you."

if this years game is like all the others, if you own the game you'll be able to download it sometime before the release date. so yes you can pre-load it onto your system and play at midnight of the release date.

ChampIsHere42 07-27-2018 09:30 PM

OK, does anyone happen to know when I could download it then? Is there a certain date? They told me right now...

BleedGreen710 07-27-2018 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChampIsHere42 (Post 2049443711)
OK, does anyone happen to know when I could download it then? Is there a certain date? They told me right now...

I'm not sure when, but if they said right now then probably right now. is there some reason you dont trust Gamestop? sounds like they have all the answers to your questions.

ChampIsHere42 07-27-2018 10:34 PM

The person I talked to on the phone didn't sound very reassuring like he didn't really know.

Joshua1207 07-28-2018 12:20 AM

If you're buying a physical copy, then he was lying to you.

If you bought a digital version, then he wasn't telling the truth either. I pre-ordered the game already and according to the pre-order screen, the pre-load isn't expected to be up until 7/30. You will be able to pre-load the game before launch, just not right now.

Datninja619 07-28-2018 03:37 PM

Orgin says July 30 10am PDT

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Operation Sports mobile app