Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MMA Forum (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=184)
-   -   UFC 228: Woodley v Till (/forums/showthread.php?t=935666)

johnmangala 07-28-2018 08:39 PM

UFC 228: Woodley v Till

Preview & Review:

Spoiler

*Subject to change

TB5XSBW 07-30-2018 11:31 AM

Re: UFC 228: Woodley v Till

The main event will be very interesting. This is a very difficult match up for Woodley. Good strikers who pressure him up against the cage and are actually active (like Rory and Nate Marquardt did) are his kryptonite. Till's Muay Thai is better than both their's, and he has more than enough power to finish him as well. The only thing we don't know about Till is how he will handle an elite level wrestler. However, Woodley doesn't really use his offensive wrestling much anyways, so I'm not sure how much that will come into play.

I'm going with Till by KO/TKO in this one.

MacGowan 07-30-2018 11:22 PM

I'm worried. Both have proven to be counter-strikers more than willing to lower their output, and dance around eachother for rounds.

Woodley VS Thompson II
Thompson VS Till

That's the kinda fight I'm worried we'll get. But who knows, we might get lucky and see a Woodley VS Thompson I.

I think they should have just waited for Colby, he's ready like, what? four weeks later? What the hell is the point of being an interim champ? seems like there's absolutly no change except for some extra money.

MacGowan 07-30-2018 11:42 PM

Also. Not to be glib, and fighters are a tough breed, and I respect them dearly, but Montano VS Shevchenko is such a horrible miss-match that I wish Montano just vacates the belt.

Valentina has gone 8 rounds with the beast that is Amanda Nunes. You can argue she won their last fight. Then she went down to flyweight and just slaughtered Priscila Cachoeira. Valentina is a legit world class fighter.

Nicco Montano is 4-2. None against UFC elite fighters. How is the Texas commision okaying this? She has to be the worst underdog in modern UFC history. If she wins it will be the greatest upset of all time, and she's the damn champion. what the hell happened here?

Also, if she loses, she will top the list with Germain de Randamie as the worst champions of all time. good job, ladies...

rabbitfistssaipailo 07-31-2018 12:01 PM

Woodley ain't going do **** but just back up and frustrate Till ...who wants Woodley to come at him .

Macgowan called it ...I see a boring fight too .

Till ain't got nothing to loose he's not going to come at Woodley with that pressure . He's just going to soak up the media spotlight and dance his way to a lost decision .

Heard Usman was offered Colby in November .

Sent from my Infinix Zero 4 using Operation Sports mobile app

rabbitfistssaipailo 07-31-2018 12:05 PM

As for schevchenko vs montano ...hmmm . Blood sport ...yikes it ain't looking to good for her .

Bigger question is who you got Nunes vs cyborg tho ?

Was watching Rousey vs Tate last week ... wondering why she didn't just clinch Holly and take her down ?

rabbitfistssaipailo 07-31-2018 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TB5XSBW (Post 2049446461)
The main event will be very interesting. This is a very difficult match up for Woodley. Good strikers who pressure him up against the cage and are actually active (like Rory and Nate Marquardt did) are his kryptonite. Till's Muay Thai is better than both their's, and he has more than enough power to finish him as well. The only thing we don't know about Till is how he will handle an elite level wrestler. However, Woodley doesn't really use his offensive wrestling much anyways, so I'm not sure how much that will come into play.

I'm going with Till by KO/TKO in this one.

Naaaahhh ...

This fight will go to a decision .

Twood would rather bang with RDA ...than dance to Till's tune . Why risk it . Why loose points to an unknown , unproven up and coming fighter .

rabbitfistssaipailo 07-31-2018 12:12 PM

Although at the risk of being labeled boring and Dana going tomato red at the post fight conference .