Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden Ultimate Team (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=501)
-   -   Post your progress! (MUT '19) (/forums/showthread.php?t=936010)

NDAlum 08-03-2018 09:18 AM

Post your progress! (MUT '19)

Alright fellas let us know where you're at with your MUT squad. I have one solo left in the campaign to get my 2nd 87 OVR NAT. My first choice was ROLB Telvin Smith and I think I'm going with TE Zach Ertz as my offensive choice. I feel like i'll get a HB pretty easily and I'm going to grind for that 89 Carson Wentz through Journey.

My original plan was to be a "no money spent" squad this cycle but I dropped $20 so I can get all the level up packs. 91 speed Tyreek Hill makes all the solos cake and when I'm grinding for those passing yards it's going to make my life much easier. I don't plan on purchasing any bundles this year...we'll see how that goes.

3304Life 08-03-2018 09:43 AM

Re: Post your progress! (MUT '19)

I’ve never put money into MUT and I’m planning on doing that again. I started MUT late last year so my squad in 18 was decent but not great.

For now I just have my basic Core Elites (80 Mariota, 83 Ajayi, 83 Cooks and 83 Graham), my original power up is Olsen who I have at 80 and on the defensive side I have the power up Champ Bailey from the legends solos. I’ve only completed the Bengals solo so far though.

Overall team rating is like 68 but that’s dragged down mostly by defense. Looking to work on my O line to round out my offense first because I mostly play squads as an offensive captain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarthRambo 08-03-2018 12:00 PM

I will post later with pic of current lineup. I will not be spending real money and see what happens. So far I've gotten over half done of first solo campaign mission.

My plan for now is to save 50k coins to keep buying the pack that gaurantees at least one elite card. I purchased once and got three! Able to purchase up to 10 times so will be grinding out challenges to do that first.

Along with that the rewards have been great so far! I scored a 88ovr Khalil Mack from some reward, and have many other 80+ cards already.

My team overall is a 74 so far, and look forward to seeing how good of a team I can build without spending money. Will post pics of lineup when home later. Only about 2 hours left of trial :/

Sent from my LG-G710 using Operation Sports mobile app

JayhawkerStL 08-03-2018 06:03 PM

My team is a 71 OVR so far. I have a lot of the campaign left. I bought the one Elite pack for $1.35, as that was a a good deal. Otherwise, I'm going to play without spending.

I've only bought one play in the AH, and that was my boy, Mahomes, who at 78OVR is not great, but fun as hell to use. And for now, he's plenty good enough, and only cost me about 3K.

There was a pack I got which had three so-so elite guys to choose from. I took McCourty, who is an 84 OVR CB. But he also happened to be worth 80K if I instant sell him. So he will go at some point.

I'm thinking, based on prices in the AH, I could get two better CB for the 80K than he is right now. What I can't decide is when the best time to sell him would be. Is now the cheapest time to get players? I know on MUTHead folks are saying to wait to sell because the market is so thin.

drewst18 08-04-2018 01:21 AM

Most rewarding MUT I've played so far, partly is a lot of luck.

Chose all Lions minus one Panthers pack which gave me Kwan Short. got Tate and Quinn and first level pack gave me Stafford so I was pretty happy.

I grinded campaign and got super lucky with my elite bonus packs. Got Julio and Janoris Jenkins.

It's early and training points might become a program for only heavy spenders but for now I love the ability to power up players who you don't have their core card.

Oh and pulled Fredrick in the Diamond solo NAT elite pack. I feel like I can compete and unlike previous years don't feel I have to spend 1000 to keep up. My goal is only to buy the level up packs although, I may buy a bundle as a gift late in season but combined with the speeds of the loading on pc and all the contentg money is not needed.

NDAlum 08-04-2018 08:25 AM

Well I had some nice luck from the gold team diamond pack rewards as I chose the Cowboys and pulled a GOLD pack that had the following 3 choices:

QB Dak Prescott 81
HB Zeke Elliott 86
C Travis Frederick 87 *my pick*

I'm 2 solos away from getting my elite diamond pack and after taking a look at completing the Team Diamond set for the Cowboys there's no way I'm going that route. The idea is just terrible as you trade in 30 cards and your reward is one team diamond item for 94 Ronnie Lott and you get the Travis Frederick + 167k coins.

Trading in the elite cowboys is what...at least 500k? The worst part is that Frederick is a power up player...so I would trade in the card worth about 150k and then i'd have to buy it back with the coins from completing the set. Having the Identifier chem is pretty important to me but this set just doesn't make any sense to complete.

I'm torn on what elite team diamond pack I'm going for. Do I take a pack where I'm guaranteed a pretty solid 86+ pull or do I risk it and go for a team with a stud like Julio.

However the reality of this is I think I'm going to absolutely stay away from ALL team diamond players because I don't think I'll ever find it worthwhile to upgrade those players in the future. If I ever want to have Travis Frederick as somebody I keep in my lineup I'll have to get all his current & future cards, which means i'll need that Team Diamond. I'm legit about to avoid every single player who is currently a team diamond for this very reason.

DarthRambo 08-04-2018 09:29 AM

Question....playing as Cowboys and the game keeps forcing me to use jersey colors that match tge cpu.

Meaning I'm playing games where jerseys for both teams are dark or white. I know the Cowboys are odd and where whites for home, whereas most teams wear their dark jerseys at home.

But this wasn't a problem last year. When I played at home the AI adjusted and were their darks. And on the road my team adjusted and were the whites most times just like they do irl.

I couldn't see crap against the Colts at home when the game had them wear their white road jerseys vs my white home jerseys. And if I were on the road it would've been Colts blue vs Cowboys navy blue smh. Plz tell me I can fix this or they patch it!?

DarthRambo 08-04-2018 10:34 AM

My current team. Only money spent was the $1.50 special for an elite player.

Offensively I am weak but the 89 Antonio Brown will help come Tuesday!

My best card is 80ovr Gurley for offense. Defensively my team sticks out, however.

Team Captain Ray Lewis who I have upgraded to an 83 so far. Will definitely grind to get him to 90.

79 Jaylon Smith and 78 Kendell Beckwith at OLBs. My safeties are weak.

CB1- 80 E.J. Gaines
CB2- 74 Rasul Douglas

My D-Line is where my team overall jumps...

RE- 85 Brandon Graham
LE- 88 Khalil Mack (luck of the draw s a reward for a challenge)
DT1- 77 Demarcus Lawrence
DT2- 69 Daniel McCullers

I have a log jam at DE with Mack, Graham, and Lawrence. Any thoughts on what to do? I play 4-3 defense so...

I may sell Graham is my first idea. Good idea or no? Do I need need depth at DE on MUT? I'm thinking no...at least not like is needed for wr and cb. Any thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated!

PS Graham is buy now, cheapest is 55k coins and up to 80k.