Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Lighting Patch? (/forums/showthread.php?t=936373)

PhillyPhanatic14 08-08-2018 09:41 AM

Lighting Patch?

Has this been talked about by any of the devs? I stopped playing the EA Access trial because of how bad the lighting issues are. First time i've ever not played the full 10 hours and i didn't even play 4 because of these issues. I was hoping to see something about it in the patch notes, but nope. You guys heard anything?

FormVoltron 08-08-2018 10:17 AM

Re: Lighting Patch?

There's no patch needed. The game looks beautiful as it is. There's no need to ruin it like they've ruined gameplay in years past due to the competitive crowd.

Give people some additional HDR or brightness settings if they need it, but leave the overall look of the game alone.

ODogg 08-08-2018 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FormVoltron (Post 2049462153)
There's no patch needed. The game looks beautiful as it is. There's no need to ruin it like they've ruined gameplay in years past due to the competitive crowd.

Give people some additional HDR or brightness settings if they need it, but leave the overall look of the game alone.

For Xbox One I concur...for PC it still looks a bit dark in certain areas of the game so I don't know, may agree with the OP on that one but consoles seem good from what I'm seeing..

cthurt 08-08-2018 11:07 AM

Its a big assortment of things when it comes to lighting that makes a patch fix kind of hard to do, because some games look amazing depending on the time or location, some games look to dark at times, some games look to bright at times, and some games look dark but the cutscenes look bright, all in all I feel its an art direction more so then something they need to fix and this is coming from a guy that isn't a big fan of this years lighting.

SageInfinite 08-08-2018 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cthurt (Post 2049462240)
Its a big assortment of things when it comes to lighting that makes a patch fix kind of hard to do, because some games look amazing depending on the time or location, some games look to dark at times, some games look to bright at times, and some games look dark but the cutscenes look bright, all in all I feel its an art direction more so then something they need to fix and this is coming from a guy that isn't a big fan of this years lighting.

I agree with this. I just don't like the art direction this year. I doubt anything gets changed or patched.

InsomniaKiller 08-08-2018 11:57 AM

There is definitely a lighting issue that needs to be addressed. I know it has been discussed in multiple threads, but it is an issue with the game and not anyone's TV settings. I was hesitant to just turn off HDR, but I tried it out yesterday and the difference is huge. I highly recommend turning off HDR in the console settings for anyone who is disappointed in the look of the game. It immediately looked fantastic.

I will keep hoping that they can implement a fix to make HDR a viable option for everyone at some point in the near future, but this will do for now.

ODogg 08-08-2018 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InsomniaKiller (Post 2049462321)
There is definitely a lighting issue that needs to be addressed. I know it has been discussed in multiple threads, but it is an issue with the game and not anyone's TV settings. I was hesitant to just turn off HDR, but I tried it out yesterday and the difference is huge. I highly recommend turning off HDR in the console settings for anyone who is disappointed in the look of the game. It immediately looked fantastic.

I will keep hoping that they can implement a fix to make HDR a viable option for everyone at some point in the near future, but this will do for now.

2 questions for you:

1 what do you mean turn off HDR, how did you do it?

2 what tv set are you rocking?

roadman 08-08-2018 12:11 PM

T4Verts put it out on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/T4Verts/status/1027194648132034560