Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football PC (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=687)
-   -   Previous PC roster files modded? (/forums/showthread.php?t=936525)

capa 08-10-2018 07:51 AM

Previous PC roster files modded?

Is there any chance that let's say roster files from Madden 08 PC could be loaded in and updated? This would be great for all the already created classic team files from way back when...

C

TheBleedingRed21 08-10-2018 08:00 AM

Re: Previous PC roster files modded?

Short answer.. no.

Madden08PCgmr 08-10-2018 10:54 AM

Re: Previous PC roster files modded?

Quote:

Originally Posted by capa (Post 2049465739)
Is there any chance that let's say roster files from Madden 08 PC could be loaded in and updated? This would be great for all the already created classic team files from way back when...

C

Its possible.

Xan was able to add that feature to his X360 editor.. and cursive pirated all the Football Freaks rosters from '08.. so I assume it worked well.

One of the guys left over from the Football Freaks days said the Frosty Editor could read the roster files yesterday.. at least I assume it was the Frosty Editor, I'm sure he has other powerful tools at his disposal (unfortunately, I don't speak programmer).. we might be closer to an editor than we could have guessed a month ago.

He also said the roster file structure has remained largely unchanged from '08.

.. lastly, once a roster editor IS up, porting via .csv (spreadsheets) will certainly be an option. Not ideal, and there will be a lot of information gathering regarding what the file fields are, but it certainly will be doable with time, as it was with the last PC gen.