Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Are traits dynamic? (/forums/showthread.php?t=936596)

TheDominator273 08-10-2018 09:54 PM

Are traits dynamic?

I know development traits are dynamic, but will any of the other traits change? For example, a WR with the drop pass trait, will that ever change or are you SOL if you draft a player with poor traits?

jfsolo 08-10-2018 10:12 PM

Re: Are traits dynamic?

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbj273 (Post 2049467194)
I know development traits are dynamic, but will any of the other traits change? For example, a WR with the drop pass trait, will that ever change or are you SOL if you draft a player with poor traits?

Nope, SOL. Some of us argued on Twitter that some other traits like penalty discipline and pass rush moves should be dynamic, but the rebuttal that it makes for a more realistic diverse league of player types and adds to the bust potential of players is a good point that I can get behind.

fballturkey 08-11-2018 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfsolo (Post 2049467220)
Nope, SOL. Some of us argued on Twitter that some other traits like penalty discipline and pass rush moves should be dynamic, but the rebuttal that it makes for a more realistic diverse league of player types and adds to the bust potential of players is a good point that I can get behind.

I agree 100% with them not being dynamic and think that progression shouldn't be either.

But then I'm a curmudgeon who thinks XP and performance-driven development ruins CFM so there you go.

itsmb8 08-11-2018 01:38 AM

I wish Madden had a progression/regression system like RTTS in MLB The Show. Each play will affect certain skills for a player that will progress or regress his attribute rating in those areas. So for example, QB throws a deep bomb? Throw power goes up, deep accuracy goes up. WR makes an aggressive catch in the end zone? Catching goes up. etc etc

rylin34 08-11-2018 07:22 AM

Since the traits are "fixed" for each player has anyone had time to test the Madden default draft classes to see if they have more of these traits compared to previous years. I always had to upgrade several traits to turn defenders into studs (rush moves, play ball traits, big hitters, etc.) Will we now see these more defaulted?