Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Man be Zone. (/forums/showthread.php?t=936637)

Gagnon39 08-11-2018 01:29 PM

Man be Zone.

Is it just me or is man-to-man not infinitely better than zone on defense. I’ve all but quit calling zone because it seems like it’s just non-stop 8-10 yard completions.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

novadolla 08-11-2018 01:36 PM

Re: Man be Zone.

It is the way zone coverage is programmed. Ever zone gets beat by deep crossing routes to the sideline, people are literally just building their schemes around that flaw

Gagnon39 08-11-2018 02:30 PM

I’m taking about playing against the CPU though. I give up big yardage every time in zone, first downs galore. In man, I play much better against the pass. I’ve all but completely abandoned zone calls.

stinkubus 08-11-2018 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gagnon39 (Post 2049468188)
I’m taking about playing against the CPU though. I give up big yardage every time in zone, first downs galore. In man, I play much better against the pass. I’ve all but completely abandoned zone calls.

Do you only use stock playcalls or are you hot routing? Most stock zones have gaping holes in them that can only be closed by changing player assignments.

Gagnon39 08-11-2018 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stinkubus (Post 2049468226)
Do you only use stock playcalls or are you hot routing? Most stock zones have gaping holes in them that can only be closed by changing player assignments.

I rarely change coverage in defense at the line.

stinkubus 08-11-2018 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gagnon39 (Post 2049468243)
I rarely change coverage in defense at the line.

I'd strongly suggest you learn to start using hot routes. If you are playing the AI, or are early in the game against a human (so no tendencies yet), start thinking about the most dangerous play you might face against a given formation and start thinking about how to take it away and what you need to change to make that happen.