Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Patch update not working? (/forums/showthread.php?t=936693)

Men of Steel 08-12-2018 07:51 AM

Patch update not working?

If your like me after downloading the latest launch day patch update and have not seen any difference in gameplay or anything that was in the patch notes as fixed then I have a quick solution but this is for the Xbox one, I’m sure other versions of Xbox will operate the same way. Anyway, all you need to do is a hard reset and that should hopefully fix the issue.
1- power on your Xbox, no need to launch the game.
2- once the console boots up, hold a finger on the Xbox button on the console until it turns off.
3- After approximately 30 seconds, turn the system back on unless it cycles back on while holding the button with your finger. Don’t turn on from controller.
4- The system should boot up with the teen Xbox screen, let it continue to boot up.
Launch the game and test it out.

I will say I was in the midst of laying a heavy diatribe on EA after playing first preseason franchise game and saw no less that ...Ready for this? No less than 13 injuries in the game before I stopped counting. Some othe the other things I read in the patch notes were missing until I did this hard reset on the console and relaunched the game. There still seems to be a momentary hiccup when the RB is getting the handoff but gameplay is quicker. Playing on All Pro, Simulation on slow speed with a custom slider set I did myself. The game definitely played better and different. Not sure if EA knows this might be an issue or not. Good luck all and happy Maddening