Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Pro Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   NBA Draft 2019 (/forums/showthread.php?t=937017)

phenom1990 08-18-2018 07:29 PM

Re: NBA Draft 2019

Quote:

Originally Posted by ojandpizza (Post 2049477592)
Zion reminds me so much of Anthony Bennett at this point. Going to need to see a lot more of him this year at Duke before I even acknowledge that hype train.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since he is a lefty, I’ve seen a couple people throw out the Rodney Rogers and Anthony Mason comparisons.

jda1202 08-19-2018 10:00 PM

I think Zion is a rare type of athlete. His athleticism being able to move and jump as high as he does at 285 pounds is insane. Think he’s also a lot better passer than he’s gotten credit for. RJ is a very nice all around player. Figure he probably has the highest floor near the top 3-5 guys.

Shadow 08-20-2018 02:39 PM

To weigh 285 and move like that is crazy, love watching him play. Hopefully the lakers can scoop him up barring any injuries!

If he gets another growth spurt he’s gonna turn into Shaq haha

jfsolo 08-20-2018 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow (Post 2049483999)
To weigh 285 and move like that is crazy, love watching him play. Hopefully the lakers can scoop him up barring any injuries!

If he gets another growth spurt he’s gonna turn into Shaq haha

If the Lakers are in a position to get him that means that LeBron got hurt during the first week of the season and was out for the year. I'm interested to see how he does in the pros but not on the Lakers. A 3/4 without NBA 3 range is an a big risk in today's NBA as a high lottery pick, despite the off the charts athleticism.

ojandpizza 08-20-2018 09:25 PM

I just need to see a lot more from him in so many different areas. Nobody really comes into the league with that bulldoze bounce of everybody style of play and ends up successful anymore. Bennett busted out, Randle has already slimmed way down and been trying to get a jumper down.

His more ideal target would be a super athletic Draymond.. but skill and IQ wise Draymond seems quite a ways ahead.

Even Bennett seemed to have a better read for tempo and pace, better shooting touch, and better post game.. he was still a bust.

The unique athleticism will keep him around, he won’t be a bust, but until he shows better pace control, and that Blake Griffin like ability to face and go and finish over real bigs inside his insane athletic ability isn’t going to be catching my eyes for anything other than the dunk contest and fast breaks.

ojandpizza 08-20-2018 09:30 PM

Barrett looks really good to me in terms of his size, athletic ability, talent, his build, etc..

But he’s randomly a bit awkward. Does anyone else think he runs a little too upright, he just looks funny mechanically. He seems relatively fast for his size, but not really fast by NBA standards. I’ll be interested in seeing how he looks at the combine, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he skips out.

georgiafan 08-28-2018 03:09 PM

I'm just hire to hype up Bol Bol and have about 2,405 post saying how the Hawks should draft him.

Ragnar53 08-29-2018 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ojandpizza (Post 2049484708)
I just need to see a lot more from him in so many different areas. Nobody really comes into the league with that bulldoze bounce of everybody style of play and ends up successful anymore. Bennett busted out, Randle has already slimmed way down and been trying to get a jumper down.

His more ideal target would be a super athletic Draymond.. but skill and IQ wise Draymond seems quite a ways ahead.

Even Bennett seemed to have a better read for tempo and pace, better shooting touch, and better post game.. he was still a bust.

The unique athleticism will keep him around, he won’t be a bust, but until he shows better pace control, and that Blake Griffin like ability to face and go and finish over real bigs inside his insane athletic ability isn’t going to be catching my eyes for anything other than the dunk contest and fast breaks.

I mean.

Draymond has 10 more years of playing high level basketball than Zion does, so one would expect him to have a higher IQ and skill level....

Not...not sure what you were getting at here.