Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Defense is OP (/forums/showthread.php?t=937163)

jbd345 08-18-2018 03:42 PM

Defense is OP

Alright, I’m not the best Madden player out there, (sim style and pro difficulty) and can usually hold my own against a human or cpu. This year seems different.

I’ve had the game since launch and have a few hours across most game modes. The last few days I’ve been noticing a few things. The cpu almost always knowing my plays, psychic db’s and three magically surrounding my receiver, and almost ZERO run game. Dont think I’ve had over 20 yards (I’m not exaggerating) the last couple days.

Now I love madden, maybe this year I just have to take it down to enjoy it. But something just seems off about the cpu defense this year. Anyone else notice the same thing?

cusefan74 08-18-2018 04:05 PM

Re: Defense is OP

There is lots of talk on here about all of that stuff already, and the AI defense has known your plays for years on Madden.

Mattd785 08-18-2018 04:20 PM

As far as the lack of run game you’re probably hitting the turbo button as soon as you have the ball, don’t know about the passing game but I’m honestly glad that passing and running the ball are both a little harder this year than in the past. I’m not that great and have played against other users online and gotten stomped but imo in the past the cpu has been just too easy to score on...I hope they don’t nerf the defense

Rocket32 08-18-2018 04:55 PM

For the run game I recommend sliders as long as you are being patient with the speed button when running. Try turning user and CPU run block up to about 60 or 70 then adjust it till you find the right spot for you.

scitychamps87 08-18-2018 04:56 PM

I thought opposing defenses were quite stiff at first too but my last 3 CFM games have been blowouts. Sometimes you have to live to fight another down or drive. Don't force passes. Stick with the run even if you're having some trouble. Vary your playcalling on offense and defense. Get pressure to force turnovers. Manage the clock and the game. My biggest advice to you if you don't have very talented players is to pretend you're coaching a team led by a mid tier game manager QB like Blake Bortles or Alex Smith. Make the smart plays. Not every play will be a 60 yard TD. Throw it away. Take a sack if you have to and punt. A game is long.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app

SeaTownGamer 08-18-2018 05:06 PM

Defense isn’t OP. Lol

EA better not cater to the casuals and patch it to make it “offense happy”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

metallidevils 08-18-2018 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeaTownGamer (Post 2049481195)
Defense isn’t OP. Lol

EA better not cater to the casuals and patch it to make it “offense happy”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The OP said he is on Pro difficulty. I'm also of the impression that Pro is way too difficult. Isn't that supposed to be what difficulty settings are for?

underdog13 08-18-2018 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metallidevils (Post 2049481306)
The OP said he is on Pro difficulty. I'm also of the impression that Pro is way too difficult. Isn't that supposed to be what difficulty settings are for?

Who says pro should be a cake walk?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk