Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=494)
-   -   Full 2019 Draft Class- PC (/forums/showthread.php?t=937201)

dweeks82 08-19-2018 10:32 AM

Full 2019 Draft Class- PC

Before I start, i want to give credit to C4 for doing the hard work and creating the base for my draft class. He put out a good class that I tweaked and edited to make just a bit better. Currently, I have a full 7 round draft class, with a few UDFA's (more will be added), accurate equipment (I require a minimum of 3 different games where a player wore an equipment set, if available), accurate ages (those who could not be found, were set at 22 depending on year in school, also ages are ages at draft time, not current ages), hidden gems (this was all random, for the most part, I didn't give any college scrubs a star development).

This class will be updated every 2 weeks when the season starts. Currently, I am using DraftTek's top 200 prospect rankings for my rankings in the class. NOW, this does not mean from top to bottom they are in order by overall, I rated and then ranked afterwards. This is to help with the need to scout and find those players hidden in the draft with good overalls and to avoid the busts or average players.

Now, this is just a V1 of the class, I am tweaking and altering a few days a week, mostly on the weekends when I have time. I am noticing some development traits that need to be changed, this will be updated more towards the beginning of the season.

User name on Origin is dweeks83, I'm always open to player suggestions, fixing any issues anyone is encountering with the class, and ratings adjustments (where they make sense that is lol). Feel free to comment your thoughts and fixes!

dweeks82 08-22-2018 06:51 PM

Re: Full 2019 Draft Class- PC

Just an update: this weekend I will be doing some re-ranking of prospects to better reflect pre-season rankings, as well as a few re-rates and I will most like be adding some more players. This should all be done by Saturday night or Sunday afternoon.

KamikazeBlaize 08-23-2018 06:07 PM

Any chance you'll be doing 2020-22 eventually? Thanks for this regardless.

dweeks82 08-25-2018 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KamikazeBlaize (Post 2049491215)
Any chance you'll be doing 2020-22 eventually? Thanks for this regardless.

This is a possibility. I am 90% sure I'll do a 2020. Any further than that probably not, it's hard to speculate on a full class for those years, there aren't many sites that list that many prospects that far out. However, I wouldn't mind collaborating with someone on something like that.

I am thinking that I will try to have a 2020 class done by the middle of the college football season. I like mine to be as accurate as possible. So by mid season I'll have a good idea on what players may leave early that season or which players I have in the 2019 class may end up in the 2020 class.

dweeks82 08-25-2018 08:10 PM

New update is up! Added a handful of new players to balance positions, as well as re-rated and re-ranked players for balance. Will most likely be adding a few more players between now and Monday.

Suggestions for players are always welcome. I will research any suggestions and see how likely they are to be in this class and how they're viewed by scouts. Any ratings adjustment suggestions are welcome as well, being preseason these are just rough rates right now, the season will evolve these ratings quite a bit.

Also, seems how I plan on doing a 2020 class, I will be removing Shea Patterson from the 2019 class. He was more of a filler player anyways, if he ends up in the NFL (he has already signed a 6yr contract to join the Texas Rangers upon completing eligibility at Michigan) it will be in 2020 and not 2019, barring some sort of near Heisman type season.

vfl410 08-28-2018 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dweeks82 (Post 2049494916)
New update is up! Added a handful of new players to balance positions, as well as re-rated and re-ranked players for balance. Will most likely be adding a few more players between now and Monday.

Suggestions for players are always welcome. I will research any suggestions and see how likely they are to be in this class and how they're viewed by scouts. Any ratings adjustment suggestions are welcome as well, being preseason these are just rough rates right now, the season will evolve these ratings quite a bit.

Also, seems how I plan on doing a 2020 class, I will be removing Shea Patterson from the 2019 class. He was more of a filler player anyways, if he ends up in the NFL (he has already signed a 6yr contract to join the Texas Rangers upon completing eligibility at Michigan) it will be in 2020 and not 2019, barring some sort of near Heisman type season.

I’m getting an error trying to download your file. Anyone else having the same issue?

C0883R 08-29-2018 02:10 PM

I would like to check these out,but before i do what makes yours so different from C4 draft classes?

dweeks82 08-30-2018 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C0883R (Post 2049501173)
I would like to check these out,but before i do what makes yours so different from C4 draft classes?

I've added a lot of new players (somewhere between 25-35 at this point I believe), I have accurate equipment for 99.9% of the players (kickers and punters are the only ones I havent gotten to yet), I've done a complete re-rate on 75% of the class and I have COMPLETELY re-ranked them as well. I used his class that dropped very shortly after launch as a base. Great base, but did not have accurate equipment, ages, numbers, etc. and his was rated based off his own opinions, I did the same for mine but also spent hours upon hours watching film to get more accurate ratings. He has a great class, but it was in the very raw stages when I downloaded it. But, i wanted to give him credit as i did use it as a base.